Evangelicals Hijack Education In Texas (And Beyond)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    This entire argument could be avoided if we insisted on a separation of school and state with the same zeal in which we insist on a separation of Church and state.

Good post, but nobody wants to give up their Friday Night Lights.

I can't tell you how many "Conservatives" I've heard talk about moving here or there because of "the schools."

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    This entire argument could be avoided if we insisted on a separation of school and state with the same zeal in which we insist on a separation of Church and state.

Public education was founded in this nation's churches.

The first finanicial act by President George Washington was to send a church money.

Von Mises

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Undisclosed Location
    Public education was founded in this nation's churches.

The first finanicial act by President George Washington was to send a church money.

Didn't know that. However, I read in Government Nannies, that federal funding of schools stopped because they didn't want to fund Catholic schools. Please don't ask me to be more specific, I read this book about 15 years ago.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Good post, but nobody wants to give up their Friday Night Lights.

I can't tell you how many "Conservatives" I've heard talk about moving here or there because of "the schools."

I moved from Florida to Indiana because of the schools my children would attend.

With both my daughters graduating from college this week , 1 suma cume laude, 1 cume laude, seems I made the right decision.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I moved from Florida to Indiana because of the schools my children would attend.

With both my daughters graduating from college this week , 1 suma cume laude, 1 cume laude, seems I made the right decision.

My brother did the exact same thing. Private schools for three kids in St. Petersburg was outrageous. Way more than their mortgage. Tippecanoe county public schools, although not close to the best or perfect, are notable better even than St. Petersburg private schools. It was a good move for them.

Top Bottom