Evan Bayh for Governor? Or for President?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Evan Bayh is stepping down from the Senate with a $13,000,000.00 campaign war chest.

So what is he going to do with all that money? Run against Mitch Daniels in 2012? Or maybe run against Obama?

I'm thinking he wants to be gov before President. I don't think he has the love nation wide like he has from so many miss guided Hoosiers.

And what makes you so sure he is going to stay in politics? Maybe he just wants to open a nice gun shop somewhere and support the 2A to the fullest extent. :rolleyes:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    He was already the Governor from '89-'97

And Mitch made it clear this was his last term as Governor.

So, I'm thinking either he's taking break, looking to run in another state, or waiting to make a bid for the presidency.

ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    Mitch Daniels cannot run again because of term limits. Bayh is 54 and running for governor would be a step back. He has his eyes on the presidency. He will challenge Obama in 2012.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    He got out now before he gets humiliated in the election next November, like his old man did in 1980, (my first voting election), when he was thumped by Dan Quayle.

He's got issues voting with Obama on the hot issues like the stimulus and health care.

If I was him, I'd move to Montana with that $13,000,000, and never look back at politics again.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I think all the old time, establishment politicians (Bayh, Dodd, others) are leaving office because, once the collapse comes, the people will rise up against the politicians in office at that time; not the ones that really caused the mess. They are leaving while the "gettin' is good."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Mitch Daniels cannot run again because of term limits. Bayh is 54 and running for governor would be a step back. He has his eyes on the presidency. He will challenge Obama in 2012.

I'm thinking more like 2016.
    But 2012 is also a possibility.

Two year run-up to get his name out there and to amp up a good campaign for the 2012 primary season... yeah, timing sounds about right. You might have nailed it.

Would it be illegal to set up a pool as to A.) What Bayh is doing
    and B) When he's going to do it?

Five dollar buy-in, with winner(s) taking all, or if more than one person guesses, dividing that up equally? Is that illegal?

If not:

A.) Running for candidacy for President of these United States of America
    B.) August 15th, 2011

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Gubernatorial term limits would not affect Bayh for the 2010 cycle. The Governor's office is better for graft and patronage opportunities. I don't think he wants to ever set foot in Indiana again though. He campaigned for VP for 20 years and never got it, I don't think he get the top notch.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Evan Bayh is stepping down from the Senate with a $13,000,000.00 campaign war chest.

So what is he going to do with all that money? Run against Mitch Daniels in 2012? Or maybe run against Obama?

Mitch can't run for Governor in 2012 because of consecutive terms limits, but I do think that Bayh can re-run for Governor, although highly unlikely.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Has anyone considered the possibility that this guy doesn't want to do politics anymore because he is sick of it? I understand that no one likes or trusts the guy on this board. That's cool. But, have you considered that what he said during his news conference might actually be the truth?

Yes, the Democrazies are getting their lower-rear-facing parts handed to them lately and the leadership is fractured. But, maybe this is a symptom of the sad state of affairs in congress. Even the politicians can't stand the BS anymore.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Has anyone considered the possibility that this guy doesn't want to do politics anymore because he is sick of it? I understand that no one likes or trusts the guy on this board. That's cool. But, have you considered that what he said during his news conference might actually be the truth?

Yes, the Democrazies are getting their lower-rear-facing parts handed to them lately and the leadership is fractured. But, maybe this is a symptom of the sad state of affairs in congress. Even the politicians can't stand the BS anymore.

Excuse me if I think politicians only act in a calculated manner. What they say and what they do are normally so far apart that I have a hard time believing them.

Top Bottom