• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    Does anybody know of any ethanol-free gas stations in Carmel?
    I found this web site listing ethanol-free gas stations by state and city. I'm not sure how comprehensive it is, but looks like a good resource.
    I drive an older vehicle (2000) and don't want to run E15 in my Jeep.

NS

Terry4570

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    N.A. IN.
    Thats the web site I found also and been using it in my beater car and the mileage is up and runs better,need to run the old e-10 out of my bronco and see how much mileage gose up on it,when we started getting the e-10 it hurt the big old bronco bad also your lawn equipment will run better on real gas!Has anybody seen real gas in a can at some of the store's it pre-mix 2-cycle 94 oct. for $6 bucks a quart?E-10 or 15 is a ripp off in so many ways.:xmad:

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    I am not sure, But I know I am not happy about it. I actually watched fuel economy go down.. (so i switched to premium. ) a little with the E -10. I guess I haven't paid much attention lately. Didn't know the additives were up to E-15.

I have premium put in my car/truck and for lawnmower and other gas consuming products. It has a Higher octane and lasts longer, for those periods of time the vehicles Don't move, or the gas can that doesn't get filled but two times a year.

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    There is not an ethanol-free station near me now, but in a month when I close on a house, there will be one nearby. I had no idea ethanol was A) added to fuel at almost all pumps, and B) that ethanol is bad for some vehicles.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Too soon for E15, says API - UPI.com

"
    "The (CRC) tests provide strong evidence E15 could damage the engines of many cars and light trucks," Gerard said in a statement.
    The EPA said E15 is permitted only in vehicles manufactured after the 2011 model year and in off-road vehicles. The agency noted its decision wasn't a mandate for the use or sale of E15.
    "The results of just completed engine testing of E15 by the Coordinating Research Council confirm that EPA did not perform due diligence and moved too quickly in its E15 vetting process," said Gerard.
    The API is one of the members of the CRC, alongside major automobile manufacturers such as Honda, Ford and Volkswagen.

Read more: Too soon for E15, says API - UPI.com"

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I am not sure, But I know I am not happy about it. I actually watched fuel economy go down.. (so i switched to premium. ) a little with the E -10. I guess I haven't paid much attention lately. Didn't know the additives were up to E-15.

I have premium put in my car/truck and for lawnmower and other gas consuming products. It has a Higher octane and lasts longer, for those periods of time the vehicles Don't move, or the gas can that doesn't get filled but two times a year.

You do realize that you're just wasting your money by putting premium into your vehicles....right? That, mechanically speaking, a car tuned for 87 octane won't just magically tune itself to run on 89 or 92 octane...right?

(Octane is a spark retardant. That means that a higher compression engine needs a higher octane in order to prevent premature detonation inside the cylinder)

There are certainly cars out there that CAN adjust their own spark - our '06 Altima SE (3.5L V-6)...but that's because 92 octane is recommended. It can, and does, de-tune for lower octane.

But a car where 87 is recommended...chances are pretty good that it won't adjust the spark itself.

-J-

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I was confused. I actually want an E85 station. But I also spend 150 bucks for driving to an from work a week. It sucks, but it has been almost a dollar cheaper for a couple weeks. AAAAND, there is one station near me that sells it.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Bastards, I always keep a lookout for ethanol stickers on the stations I visit. I had been going to one regularly until I noticed an ethanol sticker on it while filling up one day. That was the last time I visited that station.

Be thankful you don't live in IL. It's practically all ethanol. Diesel in IL is terrible too, they get tax breaks for selling bio blends of 11% and higher. Most newer diesel engines mandate no more than 5%. More reasons not to visit IL, unfortunately we have family there and in WI.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I was confused. I actually want an E85 station. But I also spend 150 bucks for driving to an from work a week. It sucks, but it has been almost a dollar cheaper for a couple weeks. AAAAND, there is one station near me that sells it.

You will get a significant decrease in MPG running E85. You would have to see the MPG difference in your vehicle and do the math to see if its worth it.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Bastards, I always keep a lookout for ethanol stickers on the stations I visit. I had been going to one regularly until I noticed an ethanol sticker on it while filling up one day. That was the last time I visited that station.

Be thankful you don't live in IL. It's practically all ethanol. Diesel in IL is terrible too, they get tax breaks for selling bio blends of 11% and higher. Most newer diesel engines mandate no more than 5%. More reasons not to visit IL, unfortunately we have family there and in WI.

I thought I read recently that stations are no longer required to post their ETOH content? That's when I noticed CountryMark's "Ethanol-Free" stickers went away.

Yep, Indiana changed that a while back. Can't find the code, but a quick Google shows that we no longer require stations to label ETOH content. I guess that is the first move before they raise it from 10% to something higher.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    You do realize that you're just wasting your money by putting premium into your vehicles....right? That, mechanically speaking, a car tuned for 87 octane won't just magically tune itself to run on 89 or 92 octane...right?

(Octane is a spark retardant. That means that a higher compression engine needs a higher octane in order to prevent premature detonation inside the cylinder)

There are certainly cars out there that CAN adjust their own spark - our '06 Altima SE (3.5L V-6)...but that's because 92 octane is recommended. It can, and does, de-tune for lower octane.

But a car where 87 is recommended...chances are pretty good that it won't adjust the spark itself.

-J-
    Yes the Cadillac is tuned for the 92-94 octane. But used to run fine on regular or plus. You can hook a programmer into the car and change the gas settings in some vechiles.

The truck will eat what ever it gets feed except E85it But for some odd reason it seems run better and gets an extra mpg out of it when towing than the cheap stuff. Yes i know the reports say it doesnt matter. But i also think the manual to another truck said use premium when towing. :dunno:

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yep, Indiana changed that a while back. Can't find the code, but a quick Google shows that we no longer require stations to label ETOH content. I guess that is the first move before they raise it from 10% to something higher.
    Well that's just grand, how long before we can sue because our cars no longer get the epa mileage estimates due to the higher ethanol content that we now can't even avoid. It's just more $$ stolen from customers who now won't even realize it. They should at least be required to reduce the cost of their gasoline by the percentage of ethanol in their fuel to make up for the loss in mileage.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well that's just grand, how long before we can sue because our cars no longer get the epa mileage estimates due to the higher ethanol content that we now can't even avoid. It's just more $$ stolen from customers who now won't even realize it. They should at least be required to reduce the cost of their gasoline by the percentage of ethanol in their fuel to make up for the loss in mileage.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Reduce the cost.... that's funny! Heck the Ethanol is actually MORE expensive, once you take away the taxpayer subsidies. E85 is only "cheap" because you and I paid for a fraction of it in advance.

I'm sure the .gov is adjusting their MPG estimate formula based on the available fuel. Why do you think the estimates (and actual mileage) keep dropping? Emission controls, poor fuel, etc....

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I thought I read recently that stations are no longer required to post their ETOH content? That's when I noticed CountryMark's "Ethanol-Free" stickers went away.

Yup!
    Indiana is one of the states that doesn't require that ethanol be listed as an additive to gas.
    I have a flex fuel Jeep but I'll be damned if I'll put E85 in it and support the ethanol lobby. :noway:
    The diversion of corn from food to fuel is a large factor in the current skyrocketing prices of meat and corn based grocery items. :xmad:

Top Bottom