• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Yes agreed. I mainly referenced law enforcement and security type professions because, due to their very nature, will tend to be "targets" right off the bat. That uniform, more so then the gun, is primarily (imo) what does it.

To this day I still don't like sitting with my back towards a door and tend to always watch people entering or exiting an establishment (when I'm in it of course, I don't drive around randomly watching people lol).

My wife tell me I look at people too much. I guess (I hope) it will change when I eventually retire.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I can see scenarios where a uniformed PO doesn't have much of a chance against a determined robber. A perp just has to walk in not showing a weapon. The PO can't do much except "feel" that something isn't right. The perp walks up and pops him in the back or side. It's over before he can even react. A cop in uniform isn't there to shoot it out with the Barrow gang but just scare off the average punk who may go somewhere else.

I have been shot at 5 times and returned fire once. Out of the five times, two of them I have no idea where they came from. The officer that was shot at here a couple of weeks ago was very lucky in that it was an ambush. He was lucky to get off two rounds (one hit at 35 yards) and got one hit. It was quick thinking and being aware of the possibilities of this run. Text book case of tactical awareness.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I have been shot at 5 times and returned fire once. Out of the five times, two of them I have no idea where they came from. The officer that was shot at here a couple of weeks ago was very lucky in that it was an ambush. He was lucky to get off two rounds (one hit at 35 yards) and got one hit. It was quick thinking and being aware of the possibilities of this run. Text book case of tactical awareness.
    And by the grace of Gosh. He does look out for us.:rockwoot:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Yes agreed. I mainly referenced law enforcement and security type professions because, due to their very nature, will tend to be "targets" right off the bat. That uniform, more so then the gun, is primarily (imo) what does it.

To this day I still don't like sitting with my back towards a door and tend to always watch people entering or exiting an establishment (when I'm in it of course, I don't drive around randomly watching people lol).

You're not hanging around with MrOrtega then... :D

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Hammerhead, this is what I have to do. My boss tells me to cc on and off duty. I have to abide by his wishes or suffer the consequences. I don't think that OC = target but you have to admit that if you walked into a holdup you would be perceived as a threat to the bad guys. They will already have their guns out. Not trying to argue, I understand your points and have read a bunch of your posts.

No worries. I wasn't attempting to be argumentative either. I completely understand the pressure you face.

You are rare that you understand the logical fallacies and are willing (if not able) to ignore them. Many would rather toe the line or rely on faulty info. Many don't give a crap or would rather be "more equal than others."

If I walked into a hold up, I'm not paying enough attention. Or I hope I'm paying enough attention to react before they do.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    You're not hanging around with MrOrtega then... :D
    I'm extremely bored this week. There haven't been ANY incidents that I could insert myself into. My wife has been driving and making me sit in the back seat in this really neat new jacket she bought for me. She got my size wrong though. The sleeves are so long that they wrap around my body each way three times and have a cool lock so it doesn't come loose. She's a wonderful wife. :)

Top Bottom