• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trelane

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    So I just got a Colt M4 LE6920MP-B carbine... Unfortunately as I spent a bit more on the carbine I can't afford the optics I want right now (which absolutely aren't the Eotech Zombie optics)
    Anyway, I'm looking for something that will hold me over for a few months and cost less than say $100. Again these things don't have to be awesome, all I want is reasonable (doesn't have to be amazing) functionality, durability, and battery life.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just got a Tasco Red Dot off of MidwayUSA for like $35. It's for my .22 upper for practice only (hence why I didn't wanna spend a whole lot). It's by no means top of the line, but it seemed to have fairly decent reviews. I'm taking it to the range to zero it in Saturday.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    if u get to bradis quick, i know they had an used eotech for 299$. they had two, and i bought one. the thing is like brand new and it takes AA battries. i cant promise it was still there but it was there last sat. i was suprised it was still there. eotech= AWESOME. beleive me i have had cheap optics and never thought i was gna b able to afford eotech or even trijicon. I spent the money and couldnt b happier.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    OK call me crazy but my girlfriend picked up a sightmark, yes sightmark because I didn't have eotech money at the time, and I put it on my Armalite 308, yes I know its like putting ketchup on a filet. I had to or would have had to service myself for a while if not - I honestly have tried to break it, short of taking a hammer to it. I've rapid fired, vised and fired, even dropped a few times (don't tell her) and have had basically the same results as my dads 308 with a eotech - it holds target just as his eotech does - don't get me wrong I can't wait til its deemed unworthy so i have a excuse to go get a eotech, but for now its the best $200 I ever seen her spend :D

mrp010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Granger IN
    Check out Sig Sauer st-081 (think thats right) Botach had them for 90 buck shipped.

Very nice red dot. Nearly paralax free. 10 settings. My only complaint is no auto power off.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    OK call me crazy but my girlfriend picked up a sightmark, yes sightmark because I didn't have eotech money at the time, and I put it on my Armalite 308, yes I know its like putting ketchup on a filet. I had to or would have had to service myself for a while if not - I honestly have tried to break it, short of taking a hammer to it. I've rapid fired, vised and fired, even dropped a few times (don't tell her) and have had basically the same results as my dads 308 with a eotech - it holds target just as his eotech does - don't get me wrong I can't wait til its deemed unworthy so i have a excuse to go get a eotech, but for now its the best $200 I ever seen her spend :D

Yeah but an extra $100 would have gotten you a used Eotech which would still be worth $300 a year from now.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Primary Arms would work fine and still be very usable after you've saved up for the real deal. When I was doing research, I saw quite a few people on other boards talking about the Bushnell Holosight. You MAY be able to find a used one of them under $200 in really good shape, if you don't want to wait a little longer for an Eotech. Everything I've read about that specific Bushnell is that it is Eotech technology minus the ruggedness.

Even though I've got an Aimpoint Pro, I've thought about picking up a Primary Arms micro dot because I've been thinking about building an AR in .22.

About the Sig Sauer sts-081, I haven't really read any reviews but if the reviews are good I'd try to buy it somewhere other than Botach. There have been more than enough bad CS experiences (I even tried to give them a chance) for them to be removed from a list of people I'd buy from. I'd gladly spend more money elsewhere for the ability to actually receive my product or at least not be consistently lied to when CS actually picks up the phone or responds to emails. From a quick search about the sts-081, I'd either save up or try to get one of the Primary Arms (when they're actually back in stock).

Top Bottom