• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Calling all optics experts, I have an EOtech 552 that's been mounted on my M4 for about 3 years, I haven't shot it in about a year ( I know, I know ), after my move I decided to clean my M4 and check it all out, while doing so, I found my EOtech will not power on.

Troubleshooting steps:

1.) Replaced Batteries with Lithium Ion Energizer's
    2.) Cleaned contacts
    3.) Triple checked battery position, confirmed the rubber battery followers are in place
    4.) Checked 'NV' button, confirmed the optic is not in 'NV' mode

Does anyone have any ideas short of sending it back to EOtech for repair? I do see a red tinge when the optic is on, towards the top of the glass, I'm fairly certain my optic is dead from sitting in a gun safe for over a year, that's what I call "rugged".

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Sound like you did all the stuff. Did you check and see the battery voltage?

Check the troubleshooting guide, the web and call them to see if they have ideas before sending it in.

Do the buttons and switches feel like they are working or are they sticking.

Can't help you much more than that, I'm an Aimpoint guy but I have used them before.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Maybe #4 below ?

Troubleshooting | L-3 EOTech - Holographic Weapons Systems

Troubleshooting

In this section you will find troubleshooting techniques. If these solutions do not solve the problem, please contact Repair & Service at michael.kroll@l-3com.com or by calling (734) 572-2176.
    The sight will not power up:

1. Ensure the batteries are inserted properly according to the diagram on the bottom of the battery cap.
    2. Replace the batteries with new, unused batteries that contain a full charge.
    3. Inspect the battery contact points in both the battery cap and on the sight itself. These contact points are spring loaded and surrounded by a rubber gasket that may catch the spring. Move the contact points around and ensure they are at or above the surface of the rubber gasket.
    4. Reset the electronics by removing any source of power for approximately two minutes. This will allow a capacitor in the electronics housing to drain of power, resetting the electronics. Reconnect the batteries and operate the sight as normal.
    5. Check the battery contacts for corrosion or wear. Clean the contacts.
    6. Contact Repair & Service.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Sounds like the same problem I had with my 551.

Send them an email, and they will give you the appropriate information to return it for service. I sent mine in and it worked fine after I got it back. I have no clue what they did though.

Top Bottom