• ...and so much more!
  • LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    1) Read the title.
    2) Determine if you want to read the thread. If still unsure, hover over the title for more info.
    3) Read the thread/Don't read the thread.

It's not rocket science.

whipfinish

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Well my 2cent opinion on this topic is to keep the ammo alert rolling. I don't have time to drive or call all over the place to find ammo. So, here's to pissing off the thin skinned. Walmart on the southside of Lafayette has a mess of Federal 9mm in 50 count boxes at $13.97 each. I was there today at 4pm.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I appreciate the ammo alert. There is a lot of termoil right now in the gun world that has lead to a lot of shortages. I reload most of my stuff but looked high and low recently for some .22LR. I paid too much and they were not what I normally shoot but it is all I could do to find them so I bought as many as I could afford.

fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    I appreciate the ammo alert. There is a lot of termoil right now in the gun world that has lead to a lot of shortages. I reload most of my stuff but looked high and low recently for some .22LR. I paid too much and they were not what I normally shoot but it is all I could do to find them so I bought as many as I could afford.

@Sniper - what were you able to find and at what price if you don't mind me asking? Finding .22LR really difficult to track down right now. Even online...

:patriot:

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    Enough Aleady?

I LOVE IT!!! The forum is actually ALIVE! I thought enough, was enough.

But seriously... Ammo is starting to trickle in. 22lr in Greenfield at W-world. Some guns back in stock too (i was there for other domestic products, disclaimer for those of you who prefer your Local Gouging Gun Shop [LGGS- my new acronym], and i do not want to start another pissing match about that comment, as I DO shop at my 3 LGS frequently [note the LGS not the LGGS].

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Why would Mospeada whine about me adding to the noise...when my intent was to question the current volume of such? Pile on much? ;)

Let's see. For starters, there have been threads just like this one previously on this very forum. Every time ammo supplies get short, people with good intent try to inform others by posting about ammo supplies they find, ignoring the sticky. Forum mods don't seem to do much about it and someone (in this case you) gets fed up and starts a thread like this one. It only adds to the noise because it accomplishes nothing except butt-hurt feelings and quite honestly, the ammo/reloading forum will be this way until ammo supplies return to normal.

It'll happen again and again because some folks can't be bothered to pay attention to convenient sticky threads and blindly post repetitive "I found ammo at XXX!!! GO GET IT!!!" threads and folks like you that don't like it can't let it go or try to get a mod to take care of it (offline) and post more threads whining about the ammo alert threads.

So, if you think that I'm singling you out, whining and "piling on" your right. Don't think for a minute I'm going to pat you on the back for devolving the ammo & reloading forum, one of the few on INGO I actually read.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    offline)
    So, if you think that I'm singling you out, whining and "piling on" your right. Don't think for a minute I'm going to pat you on the back for devolving the ammo & reloading forum, one of the few on INGO I actually read.

OK, glad we got that sorted out!

FWIW - I agree with you on most points, except the part about me "devolving" the ammo and reloading forum. I would humbly submit that I make many worthwhile contributions.

Also, if this forum was carefully screened to prevent posting something that has been expressed previously...well, you and I both know how many active threads there would be. ;)

I look forward to seeing more of your meaningful posts around the forum. :ingo:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    @Sniper - what were you able to find and at what price if you don't mind me asking? Finding .22LR really difficult to track down right now. Even online...

Found some 36 grain Win at Alco for 28.00 per 500 box and I bought up the Federals from Cabelas in the wooden display boxes and put some of my Cabelas bucks toward it. I think I got a thousand rounds delivered to the house for fifty bucks out of pocket. Not terrible but more than I normally spend. I plan to keep buying and stashing until I get a big load of them. Hard to not shoot on a nice day like today but I know I wont be able to replace the ammo. Also going to stock up on reloading supplies and stash them too.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    FWIW - I agree with you on most points, except the part about me "devolving" the ammo and reloading forum. I would humbly submit that I make many worthwhile contributions.

I'm sorry you took that to mean all your posts. I meant it to apply to this one only and that's due to seeing this all happen before on this forum. You and I don't always agree, but I respect your reloading forum contributions. I just don't think this thread contributes.

bulletbaron

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    NW Indiana
    REMEMBER THIS?????????????

Ammo Finds Thread
    Given how hard to find/expensive ammo has become recently, this thread is intended to give INGOers a way to help each other out. Please post your good deals and/or hard to find entries here. Some rules to keep this thread as useful as possible:

1- Please minimize feedback in this thread so that people can find the finds. :-)
    2- Note where and when you made the find so that people will have some idea if the find it too old to be good any more.
    3- Note if it is sale or regular pricing and when the sale price ends (if known)
    4- Note specific type of ammo, quantity (if known), and price (if known).
    5- Optional- Note what you are looking for so that others have an idea what to keep an eye out for.
    6- If you find out that the ammo is gone, please PM the original poster so that they can update their note and keep too many others from making a useless trip.

My entry to start things off:

Meijers @ SE side of Indy- Southport & I65
    Found: 2/21 - Regular pricing
    9mm 115gr Winchester White Box (100) ~10 $24
    45Auto WWB (50) ~8 $24
    38Special WWB (50) ~8 $18
    357Magnum WinClean(50) ~8 $26

Looking for: Not much right now as my HST shipment from ammunitiontogo just came in. :naughty:
    Last edited by pudly; 02-21-2009 at 16:56.. Reason: Remove header comments and update find.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I'm sorry you took that to mean all your posts. I meant it to apply to this one only and that's due to seeing this all happen before on this forum. You and I don't always agree, but I respect your reloading forum contributions. I just don't think this thread contributes.

Fair enough...and perhaps I should have suffered the same, in silence. That's just not my nature. Heck, half the posts IN this thread are about where to (panic) buy ammo, so it was obviously not worth the key strokes.

I was in church one day and heard the saying, "All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men and women to do nothing." I don't mean to equate "ammo alert" threads with evil, although I will go so far as to suggest the cause of such threads may very well be. The thing is, history is rife with examples of why panicking is never a good response to disaster, real or imagined.

I also don't mean to imply that I'm somehow "good" because I loathe the "ammo alert" threads. It's just that if this particular thread contributes nothing to the forum, at the very least it also contributes nothing to the "panic" mentality of so many of the folks buying ammo these days. This is a time when we should all be keeping our heads and showing support and solidarity for fellow gun owners...not rushing out to buy every last round we can find. IMHO, that's just more fodder for the antis and hurts the other law-abiding gun owners around us by driving up prices and keeping some folks from having any ammunition at all.

:twocents:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Hey, I know, let's start an online community for people with similar interests. That way they can communicate about issues important to all or most of the members...I don't know, like say, where to find ammunition when it is in short supply? How cool would that be?

:facepalm:

This^^^^^ is a great idea. I don't mind alert threads. This is a gun forum. Ammunition location/prices is very likely to get discussed.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Man people are whiners. If you don't find the title appealing, move on. I think some people on here just complain because they like to complain.

If I am looking through the magazines at Barnes and Noble and see Quilting Monthly, I don't pick it up to see what is inside. I have a pretty good idea from the title.

As a post above said, its not rocket science. Seems quite simple to me. If the MODS have an issue with it, they will delete threads.

Top Bottom