• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    We've tried your way for 200 + years and have done nothing but lost freedom. Your way is really working great. :rolleyes:

The last 200 years has shown us that freedom can be obtained but is easily lost. If we all did nothing, you'd be part of the majority of all human race - with little freedoms at all.

I know the situation is dire - but don't give up... :ingo:

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    We've tried your way for 200 + years and have done nothing but lost freedom. Your way is really working great. :rolleyes:

I'm serious, not being a smarta$$ at all, which I seem to be good at, ask my wife, seriously though what do you suggest we do?

What is your solution, or even a solution to the system that we have to work with that WILL work?

I know what I would like to do, but according to forum rules, I can't speak of my solution, so what is yours, if you don't mind.

Thanks

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    I know what I would like to do, but according to forum rules, I can't speak of my solution, so what is yours, if you don't mind.

Thanks

Abstractly speaking, in your solution, if a peaceable OC'er were stopped by police who placed a loaded gun to the OC'er's head, would the OC'er's friends be able to draw their weapons on the police and force the police officer to stand down?

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Abstractly speaking, in your solution, if a peaceable OC'er were stopped by police who placed a loaded gun to the OC'er's head, would the OC'er's friends be able to draw their weapons on the police and force the police officer to stand down?

WTF are you talking about................. abstractly?

What I am talking about is, one day riding ourselves of the "career" politicians. By means we are not permitted to speak of on this forum.

Until that solution occurs, we have the system in place that we must deal with.

My question is, which isn't all that difficult to understand, until then what do you suggest we do, given our limited choices within the current system?

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    What I am talking about is, one day ridding ourselves of the "career" politicians. By means we are not permitted to speak of on this forum.

Sorry. I was hoping you were discussing something more ambitious. Merely cycling employees through a flawed system doesn't change much.

My question is, which isn't all that difficult to understand, until then what do you suggest we do, given our limited choices within the current system?

We can do something about this system if we all form an agreement on what we want the next system to look like. That's why it's so important that you answer my question.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We can do something about this system if we all form an agreement on what we want the next system to look like. That's why it's so important that you answer my question.

You still didn't answer HIS question. Your question makes no sense.

It's not about making a new system. The original system was just fine. Take out a couple Amendments to the Constitution like the ones dealing with the IRS and such, and change the word "Men" to "People". That should be good. Can we get back to that and eliminate all this bureaucratic BS like the ATF, EPA, FDA, etc etc etc. That's what I want. Not asking too much.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I'm serious, not being a smarta$$ at all, which I seem to be good at, ask my wife, seriously though what do you suggest we do?

What is your solution, or even a solution to the system that we have to work with that WILL work?

Thanks

staying within every right we have in the constitution i think it will be the only way sadly

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Sorry. I was hoping you were discussing something more ambitious. Merely cycling employees through a flawed system doesn't change much.

Restate your question, in simple terms.
    I have no freakin' clue what your "question" is.

Mine is rather easy to understand, until there is a "major" event, we have a system in place that we must work within, until a "major" system changing event takes place, what do you suggest we do?

Please no fictional characters, real live current day answers is what I am asking for.

I am willing to work within the current system, until November, then we shall see what happens after that. I know I am not alone in this line of thought.

I STRONGLY believe in a "citizen government", NOT the 25-30 year or even longer career bureaucrats we are stuck with now.

How do you suggest we change this?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You'd have better luck curing cancer with a tube of ointment and a box of bandaids than you will fixing our current system at the ballot box. It is human nature for someone that is in power to work to retain that power. These entrenched bureaucrats are not going to go away willingly.

My idea is to starve the beast. We hand the government a club and we sit here and wonder why they beat us about the head with it. Government provides nothing and they can't continue unless we keep providing it for them.

Solutions:

1. Starve the beast.
    2. A divorce. Liberals on one side of the mississippi, conservatives on the other.
    3. We can't talk about it.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    You'd have better luck curing cancer with a tube of ointment and a box of bandaids than you will fixing our current system at the ballot box. It is human nature for someone that is in power to work to retain that power. These entrenched bureaucrats are not going to go away willingly.

My idea is to starve the beast. We hand the government a club and we sit here and wonder why they beat us about the head with it. Government provides nothing and they can't continue unless we keep providing it for them.

Solutions:

1. Starve the beast.
    2. A divorce. Liberals on one side of the mississippi, conservatives on the other.
    3. We can't talk about it.

I am leaning more and more to #3 "we can't talk about it"

But, I am willing to wait until the November elections are complete and then see what shakes out.

I think we really are on the same page.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    ive even suggested we force our state legislature to withold all federal money from the feds. if a good number of states did that i think it would be a good start in getting a change. it might lead to something bigger but atleast we would be moving in a new direction.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    But, I am willing to wait until the November elections are complete and then see what shakes out.

The primary system and the general election system is designed to ensure that an establishment candidate will be elected to almost every office. The average guy can't even get on the ballot.

I don't share your faith in November, and I truly hope you don't think Republicans are some sort of answer.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I've been saying this for years. Of course, if all governors did that, California would be in the black, and the Midwest would be hurting.

well if a state is hurting then thats its own darn problem the way i and the constitution looks at it. THE ONLY WAY we will avoid doing what our founders had to do, is by regaining COMPLETE STATES RIGHTS!!!! the way it was intended to be. then it will be our job to hold our state reps. accountable to the federal & state constitution. the latter we can mold if we wish (like eliminating the mandate to get a LTCH).

if SHTF, states rights will be the issue because its the only way to stay constitutional and form a new government as stated in the constitution.

im not inciting or talking about crap against the forum rules. im simply citing the constitution.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    ive even suggested we force our state legislature to withold all federal money from the feds. if a good number of states did that i think it would be a good start in getting a change. it might lead to something bigger but atleast we would be moving in a new direction.

The reason many states won't quit sending money to the fed is because they get more back then they send. That's the way the bureaucrats want it. They don't have to pass laws to get the states in line. They just just hold the carrot out on the stick and say you won't get it if you don't comply.

Top Bottom