• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    So I work for a euro based company that has a work yammer thing. There is a PAC posting all about the shooting and AR15, where is the outrage blah blah.

It generated a lot of replies on both sides, but now company KGB is moving in and reporting opposing views as "bullies", you know the tactic. Worse case scenario, one looses his job, is this a civil rights caee. They started it with their "opinion".

Wondering...

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Since Indiana is an at-will employment state, it'd be on you to prove beyond any doubt they took action against you for something specifically contractually or legally disallowed. Good luck with that. IANAL and YMMV and all that.

Jetta is absolutely right. Keep your head down, your opinions to yourself, and don't let them have anything to ever use against you as best as is humanly possible.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    So I work for a euro based company that has a work yammer thing. There is a PAC posting all about the shooting and AR15, where is the outrage blah blah.

It generated a lot of replies on both sides, but now company KGB is moving in and reporting opposing views as "bullies", you know the tactic. Worse case scenario, one looses his job, is this a civil rights caee. They started it with their "opinion".

Wondering...
    @Airtevron1 if your Euro based employer is primarily engaged in the design and production of expensive items which suck in air, heat it with kerosene, and blow the exhaust out the back making prodigious amounts of thrust, then my assessment would be, No it won't be a civil rights case. It may be however; a bad day for the employee(s) who have wrongthink...

Nearly everyone I work with is pro 2A. We also understand our employer at the highest levels considers arms in the hands of commoners to be a threat to the lords in power. (we are commonly referred to as the Colonies) We'll compare targets, scopes, match standings, and all manner of ammo and guns; but we don't write about it or the Second Amendment on any company computing resources. Period.

We full well understand that a company that intentionally buried their parking lot policy, when they were forced by law to change it, is NOT 2A friendly. In fact, as a matter of corporate policy they are anti-gun, anti-2A, and anti anything which empowers the individual not in service to the management.

Be careful out there.

Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...
    @Airtevron1 if your Euro based employer is primarily engaged in the design and production of expensive items which suck in air, heat it with kerosene, and blow the exhaust out the back making prodigious amounts of thrust, then my assessment would be, No it won't be a civil rights case. It may be however; a bad day for the employee(s) who have wrongthink...

Nearly everyone I work with is pro 2A. We also understand our employer at the highest levels considers arms in the hands of commoners to be a threat to the lords in power. (we are commonly referred to as the Colonies) We'll compare targets, scopes, match standings, and all manner of ammo and guns; but we don't write about it or the Second Amendment on any company computing resources. Period.

We full well understand that a company that intentionally buried their parking lot policy, when they were forced by law to change it, is NOT 2A friendly. In fact, as a matter of corporate policy they are anti-gun, anti-2A, and anti anything which empowers the individual not in service to the management.

Be careful out there.
    Lay low. And if the urge to reply ever comes up, especially if 'downtown', maybe find some small quiet room with hopefully 2 or 3 recliners still in it so you can be 'Rejuvenated'....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    McCorporations are quick to put in writing their disgust with guns, knives, etc. But I never see them put in print a stance on murder. Murder is illegal in all 50 (54?) states. But the company only addresses the tools and means for murder. I don't recall any company having a formal policy against murder. I agree with others, head down, mouth shut and do what's right.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Your Euro based company may have to follow EU rules. The rules and laws may differ considerably. If the "work yammer" thing is operated by the company is there a company use policy?

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I wear gun and knife t-shirts every day at work. Most in management just smile or comment in the positive light.
    We have a no guns in the parking lot policy from the Detroit based corporation and I did not have a problem voicing my concerns of those "rules" to the Fortune 500 company thru our union. For those w/o employee representation, so solly in this right-to-work state. The library is hiring...

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My Indiana based organization is woke as F and I'm tempted every day to call it out, but I bite my tongue and do my job and keep my head down. It may feel good to vent, but all that would do is put me on the unemployment line at worst, or make my promotion prospects nil at best. Thankfully my team and most of the teams I work with a all pro-gun and patriotic Americans who feel the same way I do. That helps me get through my day.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My company has one of those yammer sites too. I am amazed at some of the topics people bring up criticizing the company. Even back in the stone age, when I started, I was told you are always on the clock. Anything you say or do, no matter where, could come back to bite you. These people on the company's yammer site apparently were never given that advice...and the internet never forgets.

Know your audience. Beware of eaves droppers and/or those that might be made aware or be allowed to be a part of the conversation you're not expecting. In general: shut up and keep anything (not just 2A type stuff) that could affect the trajectory of your career to your self and if you can, among those you trust.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Know your audience. Beware of eaves droppers and/or those that might be made aware or be allowed to be a part of the conversation you're not expecting. In general: shut up and keep anything (not just 2A type stuff) that could affect the trajectory of your career to your self and if you can, among those you trust.
    Words of wisdom.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Leadership is as leadership does, political, economic, and religious. Nothing has changed really in millennia, they all fear those that they rule.

It's something that must happen to people mentally when they acquire power over others, I've never experienced it and at my age probably never will.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I don't talk politics or religion at work - within my company, with clients, or with industry colleagues. (I will occasionally share my faith with those of a similar faith - conversations that come up around e.g. prayer before meals, etc. - but I don't argue or proselytize.)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Leadership is as leadership does, political, economic, and religious. Nothing has changed really in millennia, they all fear those that they rule.

It's something that must happen to people mentally when they acquire power over others, I've never experienced it and at my age probably never will.
    They are trying to stay caught up to where they think the culture is. They're all jumping on the ESG train now and it encompasses all of this. It's basically a social credit system being adopted by business and will be forced down onto all of us.

Top Bottom