• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierbuck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Well, I have one and did a little research once upon a time. Mainly carried by confederates. The neatest trivia about them is that when the conspirators worked to kill Lincoln & other leaders, one of the guys was to kill Secretary of State William H. Seward (you know the one that bought Alaska for like $18.35) by shooting him, but the guy chickened out and tried to bludgeon him with his ELI WHITNEY revolver instead. It is on display in the basement of the redone Ford's theater from when it was entered into evidence during the trial.

Bert

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Shelbyville
    History is amazing isn't it . Mine was carried by a Great Great Uncle on the union side . Was thinking about finding its value for insurance reasons . Saw some at Gettysburg but the museum wouldn't tell me anything about value. thanks

Hoosierbuck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    It's probably not a huge $ gun. Most likely in the $500-$1000 range would be my guess based on an estimate from many moons ago. Bottom line, it's that the ONE you have was in the family that makes it so valuable to YOU. You could never replace it with a gun of equal value if it were taken or destroyed.

Top Bottom