• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sshelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ECI / New Castle
    have your edc and your nightstand gun being the same.... my edc is a 4" xd9 and i have been thinking of picking up another and throwing a weaponlight and nightsights on it. since they r both pretty much identical training would b alot easier and when SHTF i would take both and if one breaks i still have a back up im used to and could use the other as a parts gun... does any of this make since? or do i just have to much time on my hands lol:dunno:

thanks

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Your EDC should have night sights too, IMO. My nightstand gun and EDC are the same. I don't really need a duplicate, take off the EDC at the end of the day, put it on the nightstand.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My current EDC is a Kimber Tactical Ultra II. My nightstand gun is a Glock 22 with some mounted light on it.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Your EDC should have night sights too, IMO. My nightstand gun and EDC are the same. I don't really need a duplicate, take off the EDC at the end of the day, put it on the nightstand.

You need a duplicate because if you need to use it in defense of you or loved ones it will be confiscated. Do you really want to be unarmed with the friends and family of the guy you just shot upset with you?

Having something of the same manual of arms is much easier to transfer too.

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    I carry an M&P 9c, usually with a flush baseplate mag, and no light attached, although I do have a Raven holster for it with the light. When I take it off at night, I attach the light, and put in an M&P full size 17 round mag with an xgrip adaptor

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    My nightstand gun is my G35 with x300 on it and a 15rd mag and a +5 extension. My edc is a chopped G22 with a 13rd mag and one in the chamber. I don't see anything wrong with having two similar guns for the different tasks of EDC and nightstand. Like someone else said though, I would put night sights on BOTH guns.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    EDC is "usually" an M&P 45 Mid. About 1/2 the time its a Kimber Raptor II. Whichever one I carry is the same one I use for the night. I prefer to use a non attached tactical light. that is how I was trained and prefer to use if needed.

badmac183

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 25, 2011
    hamlet, IN
    You need a duplicate because if you need to use it in defense of you or loved ones it will be confiscated. Do you really want to be unarmed with the friends and family of the guy you just shot upset with you?

Having something of the same manual of arms is much easier to transfer too.

You only own one handgun? If I had to give up one of mine I have plenty more to choose from.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    EDC is 1911 .45, but sometimes a Glock 19, depending on work environment. Nightstand gun is Glock 37 with XS BigDots and Streamlight M6 and spare mag with electronic Peltors handy. Both are loaded with Rangers.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    What does EDC mean?

My HD pistols are S&W Sigma 9mm, and concealed carry pistol is S&W 908S.

The Sigma was frankly a mistake purchase. It was cheap, came with a free laser (junk) and extra mags. Slapping a light on it in place of the laser makes it okay for close quarters work though. I've put considerable effort into improving the cruddy trigger mechanism, otherwise it would be a paperweight. Still, I like it better than the Glock I used to own (now I pretty much hate Glocks because mine was uncomfortable and inaccurate).

I think the ammo is almost more important than the caliber. Modern Federal HST rounds will create a very large exit wound (similar to .45?) and should not over penetrate. I trust 9mm in all my pistols. I am not the most accurate handgun shooter, so while a 45 has more stopping power, I'm afraid the chances of me missing the target are much higher.

jlgray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    Clarksville
    EDC = every day carry

my edc is a g23 and i dont have a nightstand. i do have a 92fs under my pillow in a uncle mikes iwb holster with the belt clip cut off

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    My EDC is an M&P .45 C and my nightstand is an M&P .45 full-size. Keeps things simple for us simple minded people;):D

sshelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ECI / New Castle
    wow thanks guys! i dont feel completely wrong then lol... i know it would b cheaper to get a holster that allowed for a light or even just remove and add the light as i go to bed and wake up... so im not 100% set on the idea.. but its somthing im thinking about strongly.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My EDC is either a 1911 Government or a S&W 442. I have a few others that might sneak into the rotation from time to time, but these are the regular go to pistols.

My nightstand gun is my EDC, accompanied by a 12 gauge pump gun stuffed with buckshot.

My wife carries a S&W bodyguard or a PF-9, but her nightstand gun is a Taurus Tracker 44, loaded with critical defense .44 Specials. Her EDC is never very far from her side, but the .44 is her favorite gun.

Top Bottom