• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i listed a rear fixed troy battle sight for sale and ebay removed it with this letter
    eBay sent this message to Carrie McClellan (carrie_brian74). Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

MC999 eBay Listing Removed: Firearms, Weapons, and Knives (744845260)

Dear carrie_brian

You recently listed the following listing:

281072486532 - Troy battle sight - fixed rear Dioptic Black

Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because of the following:

You listed an item that you identified as compatible with an assault weapon. While we understand that it was never your intention not to comply and you may have not been aware of this, we?ve decided that some weapons, firearm parts and accessories are not right for the

This guideline helps sellers by complying with all government laws and regulations. Please help us maintain a safe trading environment by not relisting this item on the site. If you come across listings similar to yours which you feel are in violation of our guidelines, kindly report them to us using the report this item link on the listing

Because of various laws and regulations on the sale of assault weapons and parts and accessories for assault weapons, we don't allow selling these items on eBay.

But you can list accessories that would fit a variety of different weapons, such as scopes, sites, and shoulder straps. If you do sell these items, you can't mention assault weapons in your listing.

Keep in mind that any listing for an item that's described as a part or an accessory for an assault weapon will be removed. Even if an item doesn't attach to an assault weapon, you still can't list it on eBay.

Here's more information on our policy: Firearms, weapons, and knives policy

All fees related to this listing have been credited to your account. We also notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.

Please note: violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account suspension.

You can review our list of prohibited and restricted items here: A - Z index of policies

If you have any more questions, contact our policy experts. Get started by clicking

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactCS&Query= 1338&Domain=Homer_EOA&From=163954

We appreciate your understanding.

Why did eBay remove my listing? Why did eBay remove my listing?

Knowing the rules for sellers: eBay: Redirect

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept

Learn More to protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    It's their playground. Their rules. I don't complain about my local hardware store not selling a certain type of lawnmower I want with my bells and whistles...I just move on to another store that has it.

At least they credited your account. Next time don't list it with the famous "assault weapons." lol. :)

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    might agree here if the didnt have hundreds of the same item they were selling and getting comission on
    It's their playground. Their rules. I don't complain about my local hardware store not selling a certain type of lawnmower I want with my bells and whistles...I just move on to another store that has it.

At least they credited your account. Next time don't list it with the famous "assault weapons." lol. :)

verredart

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Many years ago I worked for eBay as the head of their investigations unit. The rule originally started as no firearms due to the fact they could not verify that people weren't just shipping firearms via UPS or mail interstate (of course illegal, BATFE jumped all over the company.) they were afraid of it coming back on them. Now, long after I had left the "California" in them has come out and they are afraid of everything firearm related. Now it is a matter of they happened to stumble on your item in a search and the spineless wimps they have working for them are only too happy to overreact.

eBay used to be a great place to get Dan Wesson barrels, not anymore.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Its because you prolly used trigger words like "AR15" or "blackrifle"... I had Saiga parts pulled today and I have a 3 day ban because I used "AK74" in the title... what a joke.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Many years ago I worked for eBay as the head of their investigations unit. The rule originally started as no firearms due to the fact they could not verify that people weren't just shipping firearms via UPS or mail interstate (of course illegal, BATFE jumped all over the company.) they were afraid of it coming back on them. Now, long after I had left the "California" in them has come out and they are afraid of everything firearm related. Now it is a matter of they happened to stumble on your item in a search and the spineless wimps they have working for them are only too happy to overreact.

eBay used to be a great place to get Dan Wesson barrels, not anymore.
    Ever since PayPal screwed me over in a dispute (I was the seller) I have stopped using them and eBay. I dealt with it for months, and even though I had everything to prove I was in the right, they still took my $1300, charged me the fees, and then sent me to collections when I had a negative balance that wouldn't cover them.

verredart

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ever since PayPal screwed me over in a dispute (I was the seller) I have stopped using them and eBay. I dealt with it for months, and even though I had everything to prove I was in the right, they still took my $1300, charged me the fees, and then sent me to collections when I had a negative balance that wouldn't cover them.

definitely! eBay has taken the attitude that sellers are always at faukt for everything

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I remember back when I used to use eBay to sell old things I no longer needed... Got a new router and didn't need the old? Sell it on eBay. Got a new phone and don't need the old? Sell it on eBay.

These days, I won't even load up eBay much less sell anything there.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    If you do not list items with key words, you are often OK (Ar-15, ar15, ak47,ak-47, etc.). I have had some of my auctions closed because of this. I even used to put AK at the begining and 47 at the end of the description, but they got wize to that. You cannot even put 47 in the description without raising eyebrows. I have sold AK bayonets for going on 2 years. It is much harder to sell them without saying what they are for, but people still find them.
    I think it is stupid and irritating that an "Assault Weapon Accessory" is banned. That could mean a mag pouch or even a sling or sight tool.
    I think even more irritating, is they do not even ask you about it or even give you a way to call them. Have you ever tried to contact them? You cannot even find a phone number without significant pain and suffering. Heck, even googling problems mostly only returns search items from their site.
    They do treat sellers like servants. It is irritating.

exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    Your posting should read: Compatable with a modern sporting rifle.

We should never refer to these firearms as "assualt weapons". Doing so just gives credence to the term, which is a MSM created term and not an industry term.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I said go to hell to ebay and paypal three years ago and I haven't been back since. Nor do I miss anything about them. If you sell on eBay, you won't sell it to me.

Top Bottom