East coast could get up to 3ft of snow ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The medical care will suffer, hard to get an ambulance through those conditions, especially when many will call them simply to get to the hospital because their other routes are not available.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm with ya! I didn't run out and buy a snowblower after last year, but the tires are still fairly new on the truck. I'm ready for a good snowfall.

Hey, being prepared to deal with the snow is just smart....here's me playing around after one of our so-called "snow storms". Yes, a 100 yard driveway on a 300+ yard private road (from my driveway) not maintained by the county, and I'm calling for more snow:

attachment.php

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I like a real snowstorm like that. Then nobody expects me to go anywhere; I can huddle up with the fireplace, and do whatever I want. It's these 1-4" things that just mess up my commute and schedule that are bothersome.

The medical care will suffer, hard to get an ambulance through those conditions, especially when many will call them simply to get to the hospital because their other routes are not available.
    Fair point. If someone in my family needed fast medical care, I'd have a problem. But for typical stuff, you can find someone with a snowmobile or get the snow plow to get you there.
    During the 78 winter, my brothers gave a doctor a ride on their snowmobiles, to some people that needed him.

Sorry to here about the people abusing the ambulance rides though.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I am in the potential 3 ft. area. Just got the car parked and kicking back to watch it. Potential for 24 hours of whiteout starting at midnight. Should be epic.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Been watching the news wondering what those people are gonna do with those snow shovels they're buying in preparation for the coming white death. My old snow removal plan graduated high school and joined the Army last summer so I bought this 56" substitute to mount to a 27hp Kohler diesel 4X4 tractor. It has made quick work the two times we've had accumulation this season. I'd love to have some real depth to play in. Ironically, Private Funeralweb is at Fort Wainwright, AK where they've got a foot of accumulation and -44 degree weather. Being a Private, yes, he has been shoveling snow.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Tag for pictures! Get your hot chocolate ready!

Nothing significant yet. Son should be getting back with the Jeep soon. I will try and do some pics tomorrow.....
    For now it's time do decide between some bourbon or hard cider.......hot chocolate will be tomorrow

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    :drool:

That thing is epic!! :patriot:

Right up until you attempt to move serious snow with it as it will bring that tractor to its knees, furthermore when the snow is deep, as in 4-5ft drifts you might as well not even get it out as you can take two cuts if its to deep but once it gets real deal its useless.

Having said all that I am sure it works great for the little snows we get here so not trying to put it down just been there done that.

Top Bottom