• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Any one here who is currently unemployed here on the site, I have a Christmas present for you:

If you're looking for a job, and you need to know how to TIG weld, I will teach you for free, for an entire day.

This is my Christmas gift to any of you trying to get back on your feet.

We are all in this crappy economy boat together, and if I can give any of you a little hope towards a better brighter future, then so be it.

Just PM me and let me know. Obviously this is on the honor system. Offer not good to those with a job.

***Forgot to add...don't forget the reason for the season.
    Along these lines..."Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and...."

Last edited:

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    Good for you, I am employed and am thankful everyday I found a good job after being out of work for 7 months and my wife for 6 months. Thanks for offering a Handup to anyone that can use it

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I wish I could get my lazy unemployed friend to take you up on your offer. He's enjoying the late mornings, paid vacations and free money too much to even think about wanting to find work.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Remind me in a day and I'll pos-rep you for a generous offer.

I'm all out of rep for now though... something about a series of posts in a thread about gun handling in a gunshop have darn near got me another bronze after getting my third one less than a week ago... I'm bank-rupt of rep trying to return it all

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    +1 for the offer. If you ever are going to run the same thing for employed people I would be interested... always wanted to learn to weld.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Rep'd for the offer.

Why not also offer classes on it to those with a job and charge enough to make it worth it to you?

I want to learn and get good at TIG at some point in the near future.... not really wanting to sign up at a college and have hours that I have to be in class.....

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Thanks for doing something like this! I hope someone is able to take advantage of the fact you are offering this and it helps them in the future! +Rep to you my friend!

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Rep'd for the offer.

Why not also offer classes on it to those with a job and charge enough to make it worth it to you?

I want to learn and get good at TIG at some point in the near future.... not really wanting to sign up at a college and have hours that I have to be in class.....

I do normally but never had any interest. $100 for the day

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I do normally but never had any interest. $100 for the day

I don't have the time or money to spend right now but will in a few months but am looking to learn well enough to make strong welds then be able to practice on my own.

I have done gas/ARC before and used to be able to have good penetration and beads..... that was a long itme ago though.

Redwine069

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Logansport
    +1 Rep!!! This is awesome of you. I am currently employed but will soon be loosing my job due to state cut backs at our state hospital. So it really brightened my day to see such generosity handed out. Thank you for the sunshine!
    :ingo:

Top Bottom