DVD Alert: Horseman (could barely stomach it)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you like bloody, evil, torture scenes then this might be a film for you.

But I could not watch it all. Had to FF through some of the gratuitous bleedings, stabbings, slicings, piercings, etc.

If you are thinking of picking it up on a whim, perhaps because you like Dennis Quaid, don't say I did not warn you.

And Rotten Tomato site at the time I looked only had TWO reviews. Not sure I've ever seen a movie with only two reviews.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    SPOILERS FOLLOW SPOILERS FOLLOW....

Synopsis was supposed Four Horseman of the apocalypse return and do their stuff.
    Reality was humans (or humans controlled by evil) were brutally murdering some people. Many twists and turns. But most of the movie is S&M, hooks, needles, knifings, bloodletting, torture, etc.

Dennis is a detective who is called to investigate at first because the first victim had all his teeth pulled out and Dennis is an expert on teeth forensics for some reason. There is an IMPORTANT sub-plot of his kids affected by their mother's death. I won't reveal how that part affects the ending. But, it's dark, depressing, bloody bloody bloody. It's not a horror flick, per se. It's kind of a psych thriller. But very disturbing.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    WHAT? What was this movie about? What was the torture for?

I was curious as well, heres what I found.

Widowed police detective Aidan Breslin (Dennis Quaid) becomes thrust into a serial murder spree that has its roots in biblical prophecy involving the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. The White Horseman is a master of deceit, the Red Horseman a warrior who turns man against man. The Black Horseman is a manipulative tyrant, and the Pale Horseman spreads death with surgical precision. As Breslin grapples with the case, he uncovers a shocking connection between himself and the four suspects.

Horsemen Movie Overview

Sinner Man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Hmmm. Was it a good movie aside from the parts that turned you off? If this type of thing is not so disturbing to someone, would it be worth watching?

Is it stupid gore like SAW? If it looks silly and gore for the sake of gore, I can stomach it. What I don't like are deformities, sick people, stuff like that. Worst thing I ever saw was Sissy Spacek in Pet Cemetary. ICK!

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Well I like Dennis Quaid but Ive never heard of this movie. Did it go straight to video? I might have to check it out.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I watched it and thought it was okay. I am pretty immune to violence and gore in movies or games though. I would give it about a 6 out of 10. It had a couple of interesting twists.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    I was curious as well, heres what I found.

Widowed police detective Aidan Breslin (Dennis Quaid) becomes thrust into a serial murder spree that has its roots in biblical prophecy involving the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. The White Horseman is a master of deceit, the Red Horseman a warrior who turns man against man. The Black Horseman is a manipulative tyrant, and the Pale Horseman spreads death with surgical precision. As Breslin grapples with the case, he uncovers a shocking connection between himself and the four suspects.

Horsemen Movie Overview

SHOCKER!!!!

grumpe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    whiteland
    I actually watched this movie a couple of weeks ago on the computer one night. Pretty gory movie, lots of blood but has different twists and turns in it. :yesway:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    As the OP was about the "Horseman", all off-topic post related to another movie have been removed.

Thanks.

Sinner Man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Well that's a smart move. Looks like we'll have to start a whole new thread to discuss that. I'd rather not have to relive it all but oh well...

Just sayin' ;)

Sinner Man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Yeah but I don't wanna talk about AUM. I had a dream about it at the video store last night. Ick.

Anyway, I downloaded Horsemen and started to watch it. Saw about 30 minutes. There's blood and the idea that some bad stuff happened but I haven't seen it take place yet.

The "hook" stuff I've seen before so no surprise but I can see how it would be disturbing.

I am surprised it went to DVD. Michael Bay produced it- you know, Miami Vice and Transformers among others...

Also a lot of decently famous people in it.

I'm looking forward to finish it.

Sinner Man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Ok watched it. Not bad at all. Surprising to an extent. I thought he was dreaming when she told him "I didn't know what was inside". I was expecting him to wake up or something.

It reminded me of Se7en mixed with a tiny bit of Saw (for the gratuitous "complicated" devices). A LOT of Se7en in this movie- "but he's a good tenant, pays his rent on time..."

It just sounds like Hoosier8 is a normal guy that doesn't expose himself too much to this type of gore. Nothing wrong with that- just pointing out this movie wasn't all that gory to some of us.

Top Bottom