• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Okay, it is 7:30 AM on Saturday morning. I have had a cup of coffee, a croissant with butter and strawberry jam.

Now, I am going to have a bowel movement, then proceed to shower, shave, and get dressed. I am then going to drive the 45 minutes to the Dunes Gun & Knife show in Valpo.

And there better be some great deals for me. There better be something there that screams "ADOPT ME!!!!!" "TAKE ME HOME!!!!!" Because, last time, I didn't find anything. I want something today.

It can be anything, and doesn't have to be a firearm. But, it has to be something awesome.

End of rant.

:rockwoot:

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I have a very nice Sig P229 with a bunch of nice features that I will be looking at selling at a very good price and I will be there . It is listed on this forum if you want to take a look at it. 219 487-4129

exile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    And there better be some great deals for me. There better be something there that screams "ADOPT ME!!!!!" "TAKE ME HOME!!!!!" Because, last time, I didn't find anything. I want something today.

I wasn't impressed by the show at all.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Jahred was over in the other building I guess you could say. You had to walk through the area with the food and they were near the back. Bought me a nice Xdm today, so I can say that I am pleased with the show

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    I found a decent price on some .380 rounds. I haven't been able to find any .380 lately and my wife has been wanting to shoot so she & I are happy:yesway:

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I wasn't overly impressed with the handgun selections. Not that they were bad. Just, I have seen it all before.

But, I am going back tomorrow to buy an AR. My girlfriend was with me and I don't need that kind of negative influence. She likes guns. She just doesn't necessarily like what I like when it comes to guns. But, I am going back. She is volunteering tomorrow so I will be there.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Jahred will be there set up, hopefully he has something you can look at.

He had one of the new hipoint carbines there. I gotta tell ya dave I LIKE the new stock they put on them! It was all I could do NOT to pick up one instead of the lower I had him bring for me. Guess I will have to make a trip out your way soon and pick up one as well as that SA XD=40 subcompact I am wanting...depending on the prices ;)

Greg

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    The upside was the two companies that draw the crowds at Indy were there in Valpo. The downside is my taste is so picky that one vendor told me that he could sell me the item I am looking for from his "personal collection."

That doesn't sound like a price I'm going to like. Oh well.

salemons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NorthWest Indiana
    I'm goin today. After the show I'm goin to Barnes & Noble then Bass Pro for an archery glove. Plan to be home in time for the BEARS game @ 3:00 then COLTS tonight.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    He had one of the new hipoint carbines there. I gotta tell ya dave I LIKE the new stock they put on them! It was all I could do NOT to pick up one instead of the lower I had him bring for me. Guess I will have to make a trip out your way soon and pick up one as well as that SA XD=40 subcompact I am wanting...depending on the prices ;)

Greg

You weren't picking up a purple lower were you? If so I was there filling out paperwork and such for the XDm

XD357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I was there on Saturday but jerky was all that followed me home.

Did it seem smaller this year or was it just me?:dunno: Just not as large of a selection for some reason it seemed.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    It seemed much smaller to me. Less guns by far. I would think that there would be more dealers due to the boom in firearms sales within the last 6 months.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I was there on Saturday but jerky was all that followed me home.

Did it seem smaller this year or was it just me?:dunno: Just not as large of a selection for some reason it seemed.

That's because there was a show in Lafayette and dealers were torn between either show to attend.I hate it when they stack shows on top of one another like that!

Top Bottom