• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Since I'm home during the day, I am the self-appointed, well armed, neighborhood watch. So to jump ahead, I'm sitting at my desktop, reading INGO, when someone pounds on my door.

Some earring clad, ciggy smoking, dude was standing on my porch asking me whether I want some steaks. I said NO. He said if I buy two boxes, he'll throw in another, 3 total. I said I'm good. FINALLY, he gets the hint and disgustingly goes back to his truck, struggling to get the door open.

I'm thinking, why me??

I can't help thinking these dudes case neighborhoods like mine, to come back later, or bash the door down now if no one is home.

JMO

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Was it Steak House Steak Company? They can around my neighborhood right before Thanksgiving. I answered the door with my XDm on my hip and told them to leave and to never come to my house again. Once of my older neighbors actually bought steaks from them. She said they were terrible and was trying to get her money back with they won't do. I helped her submit a complaint to the Indiana Attorney General. I don't think she has head anything back yet.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I would never buy meat out of someones car, but I have had those people come by our house. Its like food version of the guys selling speakers out of their van to gas stations. Sure the speakers work, but they suck. Same with the steak, sure you can eat it, but why lol.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Meat from and truck!

I had them show up this summer when I left the gate open. I walked out to the old pick up truck with a freezer box in the bed and asked him to open it up. Tons of ice and you could tell the items are frozen when they leave in the morning, but who knows when the truck gets back.

The problem is you don't know how many times they have been thawed and frozen again..................

Several of the companies have been busted printing new labels with new expiration dates on the old packages.........................

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    those places are very dishonest to deal with. I went to one to apply for what was advertised as a delivery route, and they said that they don't do delivery routes, they canvas neighborhoods. I wish I hadn't driven all the way up to Hassleton for that.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Last Summer I had a couple of guys in an old van show up at my house claiming to sell seafood.

I told them no, and they left.

I have no proof they were checking to see if I was home so they could rip me off, but they pegged my BS meter.

I'll have to remember not answer for people I don't know, and just sit inside and wait to see what they do.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    My two 60+ # dogs wanted nothing to do with it, and from the look on his face, I don't think he was planning rushing the door. Dogs rock!!

Oh yeah, guns rock too.:D

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    One came up to our house a few days before christmas, i open the door first thing the guy does is look down an notice me OCing and he proceded to ask if the neighbor was home he had a meat delivery for them. I guess he decided I didnt look like I wanted to buy anything that day. There is no way in the world I would buy meat out of the back of someones truck, Like was said before you have no idea how many times its been froze an thawed. No thanks ill pass.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    Thought this was a thread about male prostitution from the title......but I would never buy meat out of some guy's van. No telling what the quality is, whether it has been frozen the entire time, where it came from, what the actual expiration is, etc.

I prefer to go down to Jamison's and get QUALITY steaks instead.

raggedoutcummins77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    morgantown in
    I had that happen to one day and I told them to never come back to my house like everyone said u don't know what you are buying it mite be road kill lol and who knows how many times its been frozen and thawed

elim9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2011
    NWI
    Those guys are up here in NWI running around in a white van with some type of _____ Distributing LLC sign on the side. I've seen them alot lately and wonder what they are up to?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I think most incorporated areas probably require permits for door to door sales, some counties may, dunno. I haven't had them around here in a while, but I always ask to see their permit when someone does stray onto my porch. That alone usually works out for me, but I'm 6'5" and weigh 270, plus I always have a gun on me. I can get really ****ty really quick when someone tries the high pressure sales bull **** with me.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    you guys must be psychic. just had a visit from tony selling steaks, chicken and seafood 5 minutes ago. did that foolishness once, never again.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The meat they sell is very low grade. I wouldn't buy anything from them. OTOH, Schwan's is legit and has good food.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    My grandparents use to buy Schwans all the time, they were always pricey but had good quality stuff. Granted this has been probably 15 years ago. Had some delicious ice cream sandwichs!

I've never encountered a door to door meat salesman, and from the stories I've read, hope I never do.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I do HVAC and refrigeration for a living. I ran a service call at one of these rat holes. Junk equipment and horrible freezer burned meat. Box was down when I arrived and the meat was getting gooey. They would only allow me to band aid the junk system and we never got paid. Owner went to collect a few months later, they were gone. Go figure.
    NEVER but from any of those clowns. Most of the drivers are felons or waiting in line to be a felon.

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Funny I just saw this post. I had one of those visits myself this afternoon.
    My son always tells them we are vegans.

Top Bottom