• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    Trying to do some more duck hunting this year I like the lakes Monroe or brookvill what is the most common species of diver to see on them?

Anybody else hunt there been doing some scouting not a lot of activity is this normal? Does it ever get good?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I seem to have killed lots of ring necks. I've killed some read heads and a few others but ring necks seem to account for the majority of the divers from my hunting the last few years at least.

Let us know how monroe goes for you, never hunted it, but thought of it.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    thanks im trying to figure out what decoys to buy i mostly have blue bills and red heads. which i dont think will really be needed untill late season

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I think those will serve you well. Really buying something specific like that is great, then if you wanted to throw in some of the "diver or puddler packs" that have 3 or 4 different species for good mix serves you pretty well too. Honestly around here I wouldn't be afraid to put out puddle ducks in your diver spread. I see wigeons, gadwalls, and mallards mixed in with them all the time. For some reason I've been finding that often times larger numbers of decoys has been working well to get them to work more so than just "the right kind." Sometimes 12 and a jerk cord is great, other times having 24 or 30+ is the ticket.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    thanks i saw a few divers scouting but not a lot. does Monroe ever really get good or is it always kinda hit and miss with small flocks 6-12?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom