• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    For me it works great about 90% of the time. I do like having the extra chanels. I went from six to twelve with the best gain with PBS. The local PBS (ch. 9) broadcasts their radio station on 9.3 which is cool.

I do not like the degradation of the signal during inclement weather, though. I would rather have some static than a freezing or loss of the signal.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Got one, worked great, then bought a new TV anyway. I might put the old TV upstairs for the kids, I might not.

matthock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Bloomington
    I have cable, but for other people's DTV converters I've seen, I've been somewhat less than impressed. Yeah, it's technically watchable, and better than nothing, but the ones I've seen all leave a significant black border around all 4 sides of the picture. On an already small TV, it makes it almost unwatchable.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I'm ok with it. Remember you're buying something fairly complex for under $50 and can't really expect it to match a true HDTV. All and though like I said it's ok.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    What I noticed rightoff was that I can turn the volume all the way up to the top and still can't hardly hear it on any TV I've put it on including a new one. But on cable in can blast you out of the house.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I have cable, but for other people's DTV converters I've seen, I've been somewhat less than impressed. Yeah, it's technically watchable, and better than nothing, but the ones I've seen all leave a significant black border around all 4 sides of the picture. On an already small TV, it makes it almost unwatchable.
    My dad has the same complaint. On his box, he can adjust the aspect ratio to get rid of the border.

While I have more to watch, none of it is worth watching anyway.

Top Bottom