• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I haven't done this. But I was curious, what do you do after you drop your firearm in water? Maybe it was a lake, a pool, whatever. What should one do?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Yep, after shooting in the rain, I drowned my firearms in WD-40. When I got home I then wiped them down, then cleaned and oiled as normal paying extra attention to areas that water could hide.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Shake it off and as soon as you can clean and oil it. WD40 will kill ammo btw. I threw an extremely hot, hand guards smoldering, in the creek for about 5 minutes, pulled it out and started shooting again.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Leave it right where it is and don't touch it so it won't get damaged any more than it already is, then call me ASAP with its location so I can recover and dispose of it properly. :whistle:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Turn around, reach in and get it out. Then pull your pants up, flush the toilet and wash your hands. Oh and you might want to clean your gun too.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    My goose gun is very familiar with water, freezing water, and being dug out of the mud at the bottom of the water. I just pick it back up then clean it at the end of the season.

If I dropped my Glock in water I would unload it, shake it off, then clean it later.

If I dropped my 1911 in water I would pick it up, then cry.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Since I know what you shoot, pull the trigger: :D :D :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvgu3VaO8sE]YouTube - Glock 19 underwater[/ame]

just kidding, you need some mods to do this reliably.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Pick it up, shake it off, make sure the barrel isn't obstructed, go about my business, clean it when I get home.

I promise it won't melt!

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    I blow the duck call until they fly by once, say about a dozen F-Bombs as I freezzzze my arm off looking for it and then hope they swing around for a second look at the dekes!!!!!

+1

My SBE has been in the water more than I care to admit. At least soaked in side and out. Including salt water from the Atlantic, the Gulf, and the Bearing Sea....

I hunt, kill ducks with it, strip it down when I get "home" and give it a good douching in Barricade.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I had heard that there were a lot of boating accidents around election time last go round. :D

Wouldn't the immediate concern and cleaning method depend on the actual firearm dropped? If it was something like a standard pistol or rifle then I would not freak out but some old stuff would worry me a little.

Top Bottom