Dropped the envelopes in the mail today...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Got the C&R app forms in the mail yesterday(yeah, they sent the right ones this time :):), filled em out and found some forever stamps in my dresser. Form for ATF and CLEO sent to their respective addresses. What kind of timing can I expect nowadays?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Wow, account charged for $30 already, this pretty much means I'm approved I guess(not that I had doubts)

Now I wonder how long I gotta wait.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    nope, thats not how the BATFE works.

They cash your check as soon as they receive it. The approval process comes next.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    That actually makes sense, because the government never does anything that makes sense.

Does that make sense?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Is this all thats required for the C&R? fill out two forms, send one to BATFE w/ check, and the other to your local CLEO? Ive got the forms a couple months back, just never got to serious about it, but if thats it, I might have to fill some out!

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    My C&R license came about 3 weeks after I sent the forms in. It was actually very quick compared to what I have read in the past. Do remember to get your bound book ready to go and to make copies of your license to sign as soon as it comes in. Don Not Sign The Original. You will have to go through the hassle to get another license. I recommend the first couple places to send your C&R is Aim Surplus and J&G Sales. M91/30s for around $80 plus shipping is a deal you cannot turn down. Plus sometimes Aim Surplus has 1 cent shipping. They also occasionally get in M1 Carbines and Garands which are C&R eligible. :rockwoot:J&G has, Mausers, Swiss K-31s, Enfield #4, and CZ-82 Makarovs. Other places have other military surplus plus some very cool military .22 trainers. You might want to always have a some money on hand just in case these places have sales or rare rifles come in.

There is nothing like the thrill of having UPS or Fed Ex dropping a gun off right at your door. Come join the C&R license group I created called Crufflers.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Three ring binder is fine, right? I got a bunch of 'em.

Perfectly fine. There are printable bound book sheets a few places on the internet or you can do what I did and just buy one from brownells that is already set up and has the laws already printed in the front.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    If anybody cares, I'm about 4 weeks out and still waiting. I read it usually takes about 4-6 so I'm hoping soon.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    lol, thats the big one! ;)

Plus it opens you up to some inspections, and requirements that weren't there before. I have nothing to hide, and know the BATFE wont come over with out being announced first (unless you're a bad boy), but still, its more things to keep track of and screw up.

but the bank account is still the big one!

Top Bottom