• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Got a Kimber Pro Carry today.. I can't wait to get to shoot it!
    This is my first 1911 and I think starting out with a high end one was a great idea.

picture.php

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Got a Kimber Pro Carry today.. I can't wait to get to shoot it!
    This is my first 1911 and I think starting out with a high end one was a great idea.

picture.php

Very nice!

You will love it, my first 1911 was my Kimber ultra carry 2.

Me, too! (The stainless one)...
    Mr.Jet said that was the day I turned evil because it was on 6/6/06. LOL :D
    Evil 1911s :rockwoot:

My first was a Range Officer, realized it would be somewhat klunky to carry so I picked up the Kimber Ultra Carry II a couple weeks ago! Dropped it off to AllenM on Wednesday evening to be cerecoated black, and he messaged me this morning that the fram is done and ready to be picked up! :D

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Just to clarify, i'm a 1911 virgin, what is the "Idiot mark" i hear so much about? Have pics? and how to prevent it from happening? Any info would be rewarded with REP!! LOL ;)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Jhow to prevent it from happening?
    Oh...
    You can get one of these if you don't feel comfortable without an aid, or if the parts are too super tight:
    1911UltraTool.com

Also, you can hold that plunger back with other stuff, too. I've had best success with guitar picks and hair barrettes. Someone mentioned "spark plug feeler gauges", but they don't have rounded edges, so they can scratch, too.
    Some say "credit card corners", but I've tried that and broken a card. So...YMMV there.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Oh...
    You can get one of these if you don't feel comfortable without an aid, or if the parts are too super tight:
    1911UltraTool.com

Also, you can hold that plunger back with other stuff, too. I've had best success with guitar picks and hair barrettes. Someone mentioned "spark plug feeler gauges", but they don't have rounded edges, so they can scratch, too.
    Some say "credit card corners", but I've tried that and broken a card. So...YMMV there.

or just keep you thumb on the frame.:D You can also grind a small groove in the slide stop so it slides by the plunger easier. Trick from 1911 forum but I can't find the pic now. :dunno:

OH! Nice Kimber!

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Congratulations!

My first (and currently only) 1911 was a Kimber Crimson Carry and I really like it. So far, I've been able to avoid the idiot scratch...pretty much doing as JG said.

Happy Shooting.

Top Bottom