Drank Glock kool Aid and dropped my sippy cup.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Because my wrist are so weak...

Ive been wanting a Glock, I tried out a G-26 and loved the feel,everything but couldn't control the recoil " i have weak wrist" Due to numerous breaks and sprains.
    Would i expect the same kind of action/recoil with the G-19?
    Should i go with a heavier platform all together and forget about the glock?

I ask because i plink with a HI-point and im dead on with the thing, its Heavier and i know i have more control. Im ready to move on to better pistols so I tried the 26. I couldn't hit anything. Do i just need more range time with a Glock? Im shooting proper, and even tried shooting off the bench.

Is a glock not for the weak wristed?

Is it because of the Glocks light polymer frame?

Am i going to waste my time trying every kind of Glock before i realize i need something totally different.

Im such a pistol noob:n00b:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    It was a joke, I forgot the purple ink. I have broke a wrist before too and have issues from time to time. Glocks are light and snappy. compacts more so than the full size.

G17 or G19 would be the way to go it you have issues with you wrist in my opinion.

(just between us I have a 380. :))

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    indyk:

I seriously doubt your inability to control the G26 has anything to do with your wrists. It's a short, light gun and has a much higher slide velocity than something like a Hi-Point would, so the perceived recoil will be increased. That said, it's a new system that's very different from what you're used to; you just need a lot of practice.

If you really think it's the gun and want to try a medium- and/or full-size 9mm Glock, PM me and we can set something up.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Because my wrist are so weak...

Ive been wanting a Glock, I tried out a G-26 and loved the feel,everything but couldn't control the recoil " i have weak wrist" Due to numerous breaks and sprains.
    Would i expect the same kind of action/recoil with the G-19?
    Should i go with a heavier platform all together and forget about the glock?

I ask because i plink with a HI-point and im dead on with the thing, its Heavier and i know i have more control. Im ready to move on to better pistols so I tried the 26. I couldn't hit anything. Do i just need more range time with a Glock? Im shooting proper, and even tried shooting off the bench.

Is a glock not for the weak wristed?

Is it because of the Glocks light polymer frame?

Am i going to waste my time trying every kind of Glock before i realize i need something totally different.

Im such a pistol noob:n00b:

If you have weak wrists, I'd advise you to find an alternative to a Glock. There are many videos on YouTube that demonstrate clearly that Glocks don't work reliably when the shooter "limp wrists" it, so if you have weak wrists, I'd be concerned you may have similar problems.

Here is one such video, but just run a search and you'll find several more.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsewsolPyBU]YouTube - Another Limp Wrist Test[/ame]

Check out the Springfield XD [click here]. These are direct competitors to the Glocks: they field strip nearly identically, they are available in most of the same sizes and calibers, they are just as reliable and durable, and cost pretty much exactly the same. Perhaps most importantly in your case, though, they don't seem to have the same issues with "limp wristing".

ETA - like shooter said, make sure it isn't just a problem with not being used to it yet. The problem may not really be your wrists. If it does turn out to be your wrists, then I'd say to start looking elsewhere.

Last edited:

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    You should go shooting with a friend who has a variety of handguns. Have them stand over your shoulder and give you pointers. If 9mm is bothering your wrist, you might do well to avoid anything bigger unless the gun is longer or heavier than a 26. My 27(26 in .40) was really snappy, while the 22(full sized) and 24(extended) versions of the same gun were quite manageable. I have the same problem when i shoot left handed because of past injuries.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    First what caliber is the Hi-Point? If it is a 9mm then I would think that you are in just the wrong Glock. I would suggest the 19. Might want to look for a pistol more similar in size and weight to the Hi-Point.
    Glocks are great guns, just not for everybody.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    ya

Ya my wrist aren't that limp "u tube vid" ha ha ha
    I just wasn't getting the groups where i like/expected them.

From what it seems im just not used to having a brick sittin on my 9mm pistol:laugh:

I will take the G-26 to the range and a G-19 perhaps a FNP9mm this weekend and try er again!!!
    If my neighbor will go i will have an instructor check out what i might be doin wrong also...

Thanks for your valuable replies!:patriot:

It is a 9mm Greg

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    SOME people have issues with limp wristing Glocks. If I were you, I'd shoot someone else's G19 before dropping $$$ on one.

Other semi-autos sometimes have the same issue. I'd certainly try before you buy, if I were you.

If you consistently have problems with semi-autos, you could always learn to love revolvers... it's certainly not hard to do :)

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I also have a G26. I could not hit anything with it. I would say that I have medium Hands. But I have alot of hardware in my arm and was being real with my self about the caliber of gun that I bought. I wanted to go big and bad. Since I bought my G26 I have modified the gun to fit my hand better and every mod that I have made has made a difference. I stayed with the Glock because they are so reliable. Jim

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    You should go shooting with a friend who has a variety of handguns. Have them stand over your shoulder and give you pointers.

This. If that Glock isn't working out for you, then another model might be better or another quality brand (Smith&Wesson M&P, Springfield Armory, a 1911, etc) may work much better for you.

There are lots of options out there. Don't feel locked in to one.

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    The G26 is very snappy, the 27 even moreso. I have strong hands and wrists and my 26 jumps around. I'd just keep shooting it and get used to it. It won't feel that snappy after a few hundred rounds.

If you really have trouble with the 26, the other Glock models won't feel that much better. They are all pretty light with half a magazine of ammo.

For a much nicer shooting experience, try a Beretta or Taurus 92 model or another mostly metal pistol. There is quite a difference with the extra weight. My 92 is such a nice soft shooter compared to my G26. However, It's almost too big and heavy to carry around unless i'm wearing a good holster and an overcoat.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    keep in mind, the G26/27 were meant to be carry guns, not just guns you go out and plink with all the time. If you are in the heat of battle defending yourself/family, being "snappy" isn't going to bother you.

Due to your condition though, a heavier metal gun may be more suited for you. Something like a Springfield EMP in 9mm.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    keep in mind, the G26/27 were meant to be carry guns, not just guns you go out and plink with all the time. If you are in the heat of battle defending yourself/family, being "snappy" isn't going to bother you.

Due to your condition though, a heavier metal gun may be more suited for you. Something like a Springfield EMP in 9mm.

:+1: My EDC is a G27 and it took me a couple range trips to get used to it and now I love it. I do think the G19 has a little bit less felt recoil than the 26, but like someone else said I would try to shoot one first before you spend the money to see if it works better for you. Good luck with your decision.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom