• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hick185

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I am looking for a 5.56-.223 riffle to keep in my truck for varmints. I went to my LGS and saw a 16" flat top DPMS ar for $589. While i was checking it out i saw something new, well to me at least. A kel tec su-16c $535. I've been researching the kel tec and am honestly impressed by what i've read. So i am wondering what your opinions of them are and which is the best buy?

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    kel tec there are sweet handling rifles plus very compact dont expect the same groupings as a ar but they nice solid firearms.... and they can fire when folded ....but yet again im sick of AR's .. iv handled and shot one of those kel tec's and i kinda like them alot

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    I had my Keltec out to the range not long ago, there is a backstop at about 170 yards on which someone had left a couple trap clays. It took three shots to hit both of them. I have nothing against ARs, I like those too, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Keltec.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Get whichever you want, but I would go with the AR. Just more flexible, maybe you want to get a drop in .22 bolt so for $150 you can shoot cheap .22. Or buy an upper chambered in 7.62 or 5.45 or any other available option.

I have a DMPS sportical so its the cheap one and its been flawless for me. Its a great rifle. I'm not going to take it into battle so I dont care about a dust cover or fwd assist. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a DMPS for plinking or hunting.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    i'd buy a stripped lower and rifle kit from PSAfor about the same price as the DPMS

+1 I doubt you could get a DPMS for the $580. PSA carbine kit $480 + PSA Lower $80 + Lower Transfer fee $20 = and damn good deal for a milspec chrome lined carbine.

Top Bottom