• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    WOW! Just finished watching Downfall and wow! WOW! WOW!
    You can see the full movie on YouTube do a search for "downfall full movie" not sure how someone was able to upload 2+ hours of video but whatever.

The way those children died via their mom giving them poison really got to me. Especially when they showed their little feet. :(

The actor that played Hitler was very good. The level of stress, the nervous tick, etc. the actor had packed down good.

I did not know who the old lady was at the beginning of the film but by the end when she comes back I finally made the connection.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I saw this movie a couple of months ago for the first time. It was excellent. The children part got me pretty choked up, then it made me angry and want to smoke the parents. If anyone hasn't seen this movie they really need to. It all in German (subtitled), but an excellent movie. It is very historically accurate as well.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    WOW! Just finished watching Downfall and wow! WOW! WOW!
    You can see the full movie on YouTube do a search for "downfall full movie" not sure how someone was able to upload 2+ hours of video but whatever.

The way those children died via their mom giving them poison really got to me. Especially when they showed their little feet. :(

The actor that played Hitler was very good. The level of stress, the nervous tick, etc. the actor had packed down good.

I did not know who the old lady was at the beginning of the film but by the end when she comes back I finally made the connection.

That was the Goebbels children, and very factual. There are images of the children. Very sad that these children, because of the actions of their parents, never got a chance. Fanatics. Joseph Goebbels and his wife can roast in hell, but RIP to the kids. And if you liked Downfall, you'd probably like "Europa, Europa."

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1978-086-03%2C_Joseph_Goebbels_mit_Familie.jpg

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Elkhart Co.
    Pretty good film. I watched it back when the Hitler rant parodies were popular. It is also available for streaming on Netflix.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pretty good film. I watched it back when the Hitler rant parodies were popular. It is also available for streaming on Netflix.

Those things are awesome! Europa, Europa is also on netflix streaming. It's a true story about a Jewish kid that ends up in the Hitler Youth.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Saw it on netflix a while ago. Great movie I have to say.

What was really groundbreaking about it though was it was a German movie feature a German actor playing hitler. The first time that had been done on film (previously it was a non-german actor or just stock footage). Really caused a still over there from what I remember hearing.

If you liked it I suggest the boys from brazil. Less documentary style, but same disturbing quality

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I loved Der Untergang. Truly a masterpiece of historic cinema. Agreed on Dr. & Mrs. Göbels. Roast. Roast and Rot.

Not sure if "admire" is the right word. Not sure really what the word is but I am in awe over the level of loyalty and devotion to the idea of "national soliciam" that the Gobels had. They stayed with their leader until the very end and Mrs. G. would rather not see her children grow up without Nazism in the world. He (Hilter) was a god to some of them.

I'm don't agree with Mrs. G's actions but her level of devotion/loyalty (not sure what the word is) is what I am in awe of. She was willing to die for her leader and kill her children as well. It's that raw emotion of blind faith that I am in awe over.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    *WARNING: Contains foul language in text format and has a few misspelled words.*

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACpK37_oOb8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not sure if "admire" is the right word. Not sure really what the word is but I am in awe over the level of loyalty and devotion to the idea of "national soliciam" that the Gobels had. They stayed with their leader until the very end and Mrs. G. would rather not see her children grow up without Nazism in the world. He (Hilter) was a god to some of them.

I'm don't agree with Mrs. G's actions but her level of devotion/loyalty (not sure what the word is) is what I am in awe of. She was willing to die for her leader and kill her children as well. It's that raw emotion of blind faith that I am in awe over.

***Dislclaimer*** I AM NOT A NAZI (figured I need to get that out there)

But I agree with you. I am fascinated with them. It wasn't just the Goebbels that had that devotion, but millions of Germans in general. There's a propaganda film called Triumph of Will and it shows the massive scale of their rallies. Everybody loved that maniac Adolph. Everytime I look at pictures of the sprawling neverending crowds, I always think how many of these people were killed in the war.

Contrasting that to Germany today, and it's very difficult to see how that ever occurred. I lived in Germany for 4 years, and go back to Berlin every year. The people are some of the most polite, docile people, I've ever seen. My brother (who lives there), told me that as of October, there had only been 5 Murders in the entire city of Berlin (crazy).

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington

But I agree with you. I am fascinated with them. It wasn't just the Goebbels that had that devotion, but millions of Germans in general. There's a propaganda film called Triumph of Will and it shows the massive scale of their rallies. Everybody loved that maniac Adolph. Everytime I look at pictures of the sprawling neverending crowds, I always think how many of these people were killed in the war.

Contrasting that to Germany today, and it's very difficult to see how that ever occurred. I lived in Germany for 4 years, and go back to Berlin every year. The people are some of the most polite, docile people, I've ever seen. My brother (who lives there), told me that as of October, there had only been 5 Murders in the entire city of Berlin (crazy).

Why difficult? The German people were suffering major humiliation after getting spanked in WWI. Then there was the treaty of Versailles which trashed the German economy and wrecked national pride. Germany was borrowing from us to prop their economy in order to pay for war reparations imposed by the treaty. Then our Great Depression hit and money for German ceased to flow. The people were ready for a strong, charismatic leader to return Germany to its place as a world power.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I have a display case in the shop where a guy is consigning his colllection of Nazi items his Dad brought back and the things he has collected since. I was worried about having them in the shop and so far nothing negative has been said. I have sold an SA dagger, four Hitler Youth knives. a PPK and a Luger with an SS marked holster and I have had no negative comments whatsover. A Doctor bought the Luger and the youth knives went to a cross section of people. I had one young Jewish man come in and he loved the collection and when he left was trying to figure out a way to get one of the youth knives.

I have watched "Downfall" twice on netflix and consider "Das Boot" and "Stalingrad" to be two of the best WW2 movies I have ever seen.

That being said, locally I am becoming known as "The gun shop with all of the Nazi stuff" but again, nothing negative.

American Indians tried to kill some of my ancestors and I still collect arrowheads. History is neither good nor bad. It just is.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    II have watched "Downfall" twice on netflix and consider "Das Boot" and "Stalingrad" to be two of the best WW2 movies I have ever seen.

That being said, locally I am becoming known as "The gun shop with all of the Nazi stuff" but again, nothing negative.

Hey gun shop guy with the Nazi stuff which version of Stalingard (the movie) you are referring to?

I have Das Boot (VHS version) and it is a great U-Boat movie.

Top Bottom