• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    IMO doublestar is a good Lower maker. On the level of DPMS, CMMG and such. What brand upper is the rifle? Do you know who assembled it, because I don't think (or seen at least) any factory made doublestar AR's.

Nate

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    IMO doublestar is a good Lower maker. On the level of DPMS, CMMG and such. What brand upper is the rifle? Do you know who assembled it, because I don't think (or seen at least) any factory made doublestar AR's.

Nate

Doublestar doesn't "make" their lowers. There are only a handful of machine shops that actually produce lowers for all the different brands out there. Doublestar lowers are produced by LAR, as are some Bushmasters, Ameetec, CMMG, DPMS, Fulton, Spike's Tactical, and Noveske. Only the rollmarks are different

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    double star is the part of the company that markets complete ar's. j&t is the other side that markets parts, kits and upper assemblies.

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    I looked at one of the complete assemblies at the knob creek show a few years back, recently I have gained a little more interest in them. I'll probably try to pick one up in the next few months.

immortallyinsane

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Columbus
    Just to add to this super old post... I bought a DS complete rifle back in jan. For the price i couldnt pass it up and with the savings i outfitted it with magpul furniture. Took it to the range a couple times, no regrets so far.

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    buds gunshop is selling them fast, i have heard great things on them, it seems like everybody loves theres

ftbstrd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    DOUBLESTAR ???

I had a complete A2 car with a heavy bbl made by Doublestar and I never had one problem! I traded it off and have regretted it ever since! It was very accurate and reliable!

sonrider657

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    DoubleStar makes a great gun. My go-to carbine is a DoubleStar:

green.jpg

superstorm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2009
    SW Fort Wayne
    What kind of price are they asking for them I know a place in Missouri that sells them cheap the lowers are Double star and uppers are cmmg.They would have to be shipped to a ffl.

johnflaherty1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    logansport
    I own one and it is awesome doesnt jam very accurate. i traded my r-15 for it because i always wanted a tactial AR. i am very pleased with a double star i was ife at first but i love my doublestar

papakevin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I own a Doublestar M4 AR-15. Purchased it from Bud's because no one could come close to the price. Think I got it for $669 new, free shipping to my FFL. Great gun, well built, upper and lower are TIGHT (no wobble at all). Would buy it again in a split second.... great value for the money.

Top Bottom