• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Carmel Indiana
    Typically, I buy from other gun stores. I think Don's prices are a bit high. I thought I would take a look in his store the other day and I was SHOCKED at the things I saw.

His prices are still high and now the store appears to be run by foul mouthed trash. Two hispanic guys who used the F word 100 times a minute and tattoos all over them. One was making some comments about things that REALLY made me uncomfortable that he was wearing a gun. He made several "jokes" about giving someone the beat down and "capping" him if he shot his mouth off. I was in shock that Don would employee people like this.

When I walk into a gun store, I judge my experience by the knowledge and professionalism of the people working there. After what I observed, I will NEVER step foot in Dons again.

The guys working there have no business selling guns much less owning them. I heard them tell one customer if he couldn't afford the gun they were trying to sell him, he should not buy a gun and save his pennies until he can afford a decent one. How is the world does that make sales?

Ghetto... that is all I have to say. Bad experience and I will never be back.

Last edited:

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Nice first post! Welcome to INGO. I have tattoos and cuss, hope that doesnt make me like the Dons employees.:rolleyes:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Typically, I buy from other gun stores. I think Don's prices are a bit high. I thought I would take a look in his store the other day and I was SHOCKED at the things I saw.

His prices are still high and now the store appears to be run by foul mouthed trash. Two hispanic guys who used the F word 100 times a minute and tattoos all other them. One was making some comments about things that REALLY made me uncomfortable that he was wearing a gun. He made several "jokes" about giving someone the beat down and "capping" him if he shot his mouth off. I was in shock that Don would employee people like this.

When I walk into a gun store, I judge my experience by the knowledge and professionalism of the people working there. After what I observed, I will NEVER step foot in Dons again.

The guys working there have no business selling guns much less owning them. I heard them tell one customer if he couldn't afford the gun they were trying to sell him, he should not buy a gun and save his pennies until he can afford a decent one. How is the world does that make sales?

Ghetto... that is all I have to say. Bad experience and I will never be back.

That's the way it's ALWAYS been!! I'm surprised he's even still in business.:twocents:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    When you deal with a certain kind of clientèle you have employees that can relate to those customers.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    If you read the various gun store reviews on INGO, you will find a few with great reputations in the Indy area, some with more mixed reviews, and Don's is very easily at the bottom of the list. Your observations pretty much match the standard description of Don's. If you want a better experience, there are 4-5 within a 20 mile radius of Don's with super reps. Others may offer a different list, but here is mine:
    • Plainfield Shooting Supply
    • Bradis
    • Beech Grove Firearms
    • Indy Trading Post (a new and up-an-comer)

Last edited:

Pilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Carmel Indiana
    If you read the various gun store reviews on INGO, you will find a few with great reputations in the Indy area, some with more mixed reviews, and Don's is very easily at the bottom of the list. Your observations pretty much match the standard description of Don's. If you want a better experience, there are 4-5 within a 20 mile radius of Don's with super reps. Others may offer a different list, but here is mine:
    • Plainfield Shooting Supply
    • Bradis
    • Beech Grove Firearms
    • Indy Trading Post (a new and up-an-comer)

I too am a fan of Bradis. Plainfield Shooting Supply I have mixed feelings about. I was in there a few months ago and some militia guys were in there talking about some off the wall things. But the guy working there seemed to dismiss most of it and was more than helpful with the customers.

I have purchased a couple weapons at Pop Guns, but I dont think their prices are all that competitive.

Pilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Carmel Indiana
    Nice first post! Welcome to INGO. I have tattoos and cuss, hope that doesnt make me like the Dons employees.:rolleyes:

No, not at all. But the tattoos the guy had were a bit disturbing. One looked like a naked woman with a knife through her abdomen. That just doesnt seem all that normal.

I have no problem with bad language, but not a place of business. People in a place of business should have a certain degree of professionalism. Using the F word and various racial slurs is not something that is appropriate for the workplace or around customers.

Thanks for the welcome.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    No, not at all. But the tattoos the guy had were a bit disturbing. One looked like a naked woman with a knife through her abdomen. That just doesnt seem all that normal.

I have no problem with bad language, but not a place of business. People in a place of business should have a certain degree of professionalism. Using the F word and various racial slurs is not something that is appropriate for the workplace or around customers.

Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to INGO...

The purple text he used was for sarcasm so no worries ;)

Squirt239

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Wow...I was actually laughing out loud (yes I spelled it out, because it was that good) while reading this post. We were always taught "don't judge a book by it's cover," but it sure is hard when the stereotypes keep rearing their ugly heads :-)

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    I had some guns stollen recently, so I've been replenishing my arsenal. Pops Guns is overpriced, but they have a nice lineup of Kimbers. Gander Mtn is also overpriced, but you can occasionally get a good deal on used guns. Bradis seems to carry a nice inventory of pistols, but shy away from higher end, expensive guns because they stay on their shelves for too long (that's what they told me). Plainfield Shooting Supplies is my favorite...bought a used gun and brought it home...field stripped it and wasn't sure about the condition of it...called Bob, the owner, and he had no qualms with me bringing back in and exchaning it for another gun. Also asked him to special order me a Sig...he called me with the pricing, I gave him the go-ahead and he had it for me in less than 48 hours. Felt good about the transactions.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Wasnt too long ago that one of his "gunsmiths" had an AD in the shop with an AK I think.

Top Bottom