• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I dont know where to put this, but figured the Break Room would work.

I was listening to 93.1 WIBC on the way home today and they were saying that today in 1929 Mercedes Benz was formed. They came up with local companies that should merge.

So after a few they said Dons Guns and Target, Duck while you shop.

At first I laughed because you already have to duck while you shop there. But then I got kind of angry. They just got some advertising, while the good shops around indy are not noticed. They also associated shopping for guns and targets as dangerous.

Did I read into this too much? Did anyone else hear it?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Nope. Don used to be "The go to guy" for the media whenever gun related stuff came up. I always cringed whenever I saw him on tv. The guy is one of the gun owners worst enemies and has made a ton of money off of it. During the original Assault Weapons ban he advertised for people to bring in all their guns and he'd buy them before they were outlawed. He'd give $100-200 for ARs, AKs, HKs and M1As and then sell em for thousands during the frenzy. Nice guy...

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    He'd give $100-200 for ARs, AKs, HKs and M1As and then sell em for thousands during the frenzy. Nice guy...

Who was dumb and who was smart out of these two,

Don offering a small amount to make a lot of money

Or

The person panicing and selling their guns worth thousands for $100-200?

Id do the same thing.......... I would try and buy for as cheap as I can to make as much money as I can......

So what if he charges an arm and a let for guns, people are paying that much........

I don't agree with the other things that I have heard about though.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    The point was he was making it seem as if you couldn't own them and giving people a fraction of what they were worth and them selling them for much more than they were worth by telling the buyers they will be no more. You could still own them, obviously, but they just couldn't import them anymore. I guess I'm just too honest.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    The point was he was making it seem as if you couldn't own them and giving people a fraction of what they were worth and them selling them for much more than they were worth by telling the buyers they will be no more. You could still own them, obviously, but they just couldn't import them anymore. I guess I'm just too honest.

Im sure he was not honest about it and that's what caused the frenzy.

In other words telling people the cops were going to come and arrest them for having them if they did not get rid of them but that he could legally have htem or something....

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    About that same time Don cut up a some MAK-90's and SKS's and vowed never to sell them again. He did this in front of Channel 13 camera's, and buried them in front of the doors of the now closed north store.

dr632

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2010
    Brown County
    I've started turning off the media hoplophobe's try to be funny with their ignorant gun humor. Some are malicious with their comments, others are just ignorant and they don't realize how they sound to the experience firearm enthusiast.

I do not believe 93.1 is known for their expertise and knowledge of firearms, so I'd shrug it off - since they do carry other shows that are 2A friendly.

We'll all know it when it is time to put a block on 93.1 on our radio dials.

Top Bottom