Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes, since the prime tenet of Agile methodology is "delivering a minimally viable product."

Yeah, but it doesn't sound very good when you say it that way. I'd not like for the uninitiated to get the wrong idea. "Minimally viable product" just means you deliver now what you need to deliver to make a viable product/feature work. The idea is that you shouldn't wait until you have the full product designed and built before you roll it out. Build a solid minimum viable product or feature, test it, release it, and then you can add incremental refinements to make it the full product you've envisioned. Bells and whistles come later as you respond to specific customer requests.

And ya, that's not really applicable to choosing a governor. Possibly my director has more life-skills suitable for running a state government than Rainwater. Ideological agreement, alone, is not a qualification to lead. I'm probably back to either not voting for governor, writing in Ron Swanson, or holding my nose.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    By the way. My absentee ballot came in yesterday.

I appreciate all the input on this topic by the illustrious members of INGO.

And I'm writing in Mitch Daniels for sure.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You mean....possessed.

And yes, Foz possesses a lot of common sense and has an abiding sense of fair play.

He's underappreciated.

I just see a guy who seems only to take all opportunities to rag Trump. And Trump deserves a lot more ragging than he gets here, don't get me wrong. But I mean, c'mon. That all you think of? Spread it around man. Show some diverse thought other than orange man bad.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, but it doesn't sound very good when you say it that way. I'd not like for the uninitiated to get the wrong idea. "Minimally viable product" just means you deliver now what you need to deliver to make a viable product/feature work. The idea is that you shouldn't wait until you have the full product designed and built before you roll it out. Build a solid minimum viable product or feature, test it, release it, and then you can add incremental refinements to make it the full product you've envisioned. Bells and whistles come later as you respond to specific customer requests.

And ya, that's not really applicable to choosing a governor. Possibly my director has more life-skills suitable for running a state government than Rainwater. Ideological agreement, alone, is not a qualification to lead. I'm probably back to either not voting for governor, writing in Ron Swanson, or holding my nose.

All I know is that since we've adopted Agile, we end up "fixing" a lot more crap than we used to after it goes to production. I've always said that it's funny how there's never enough time to do something right the first time, but there's always time to fix it when things go south. But hey, we delivered absolute crap really fast!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I just see a guy who seems only to take all opportunities to rag Trump. And Trump deserves a lot more ragging than he gets here, don't get me wrong. But I mean, c'mon. That all you think of? Spread it around man. Show some diverse thought other than orange man bad.

You're very judgemental lately. Perhaps you need to just see a member's input as an ongoing conversation at the bar. Sometimes it's a side conversation when other people seem to have control of the main conversation. Sometimes, it's a humorous take. A pun. A lewd remark. Bar talk. You know?

Some of us here have no use for Trump, but it doesn't do any good to poke the rabid dogs, so we move along most of the time and enjoy our bourbon on the rocks.

Lighten up, Jamil. This lockdown is going to be going on for a long long time.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

A Clue!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You're very judgemental lately. Perhaps you need to just see a member's input as an ongoing conversation at the bar. Sometimes it's a side conversation when other people seem to have control of the main conversation. Sometimes, it's a humorous take. A pun. A lewd remark. Bar talk. You know?

Some of us here have no use for Trump, but it doesn't do any good to poke the rabid dogs, so we move along most of the time and enjoy our bourbon on the rocks.

Alpo, sometimes I think you're the only one who really understands me...who really gets me....:):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    All I know is that since we've adopted Agile, we end up "fixing" a lot more crap than we used to after it goes to production. I've always said that it's funny how there's never enough time to do something right the first time, but there's always time to fix it when things go south. But hey, we delivered absolute crap really fast!

You ain't doing agile right then. Make your releases simple. Do one core feature really really well, test the **** out of it, and release that, rather than doing several features half-assed. We spend more time writing automated tests for one feature than we spend writing the feature. And then as users give us feedback on what they want, we incrementally build out those features. It's also good to use feature-toggles to decouple releases from deployments. Keep deploying new code, but put it behind a switch. When the feature is built out and stable, turn it on. If something breaks, turn it off, fix it, and then turn it back on.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I suppose judgement is involved, but that doesn't mean it's "judgmental" necessarily. I noticed a pattern. I opined on that pattern.

And you need to get out more. We're not in a lockdown. I go out and do all the things I used to do as well as a few new ones. It's just a bit annoying to do them with a mask.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Jamil,

you noticed two patterns. You just haven't put them together to form a third pattern.

I suppose judgement is involved, but that doesn't mean it's "judgmental" necessarily. I noticed a pattern. I opined on that pattern.

And you need to get out more. We're not in a lockdown. I go out and do all the things I used to do as well as a few new ones. It's just a bit annoying to do them with a mask.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Yeah, but you're on a site where there are die hard Trump fans. Is it really your job to drag them every opportunity? I mean, if there's something meaningful that needs to be discussed, like the bumpfire ban where devout loyalty is not serving them, ya. Discuss. But c'mon. It's more like you're getting your digs for kicks because they like someone you despise. That's just not helpful. If you want to have a critical, but thoughtful, conversation about something specific he's done, I often agree. Sometimes not. But often I do.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, me and the Big Guy Upstairs.

Can't forget Him.

I do wonder if He's there most of the time. But, that's another bar conversation. :)

Why is it a guy? That brings up a question. If it's a big guy who's upstairs, what makes him a guy? I mean. It doesn't seem that a guy in his position would have much use for, uh, you know. Same if it's a girl. If there is a big guy upstairs, probably not a guy, or a girl. And is probably not upstairs. "up" is relative anyway.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Why is it a guy? That brings up a question. If it's a big guy who's upstairs, what makes him a guy? I mean. It doesn't seem that a guy in his position would have much use for, uh, you know. Same if it's a girl. If there is a big guy upstairs, probably not a guy, or a girl. And is probably not upstairs. "up" is relative anyway.

One of the most useful lessons of life is to know when to stop typing.

(Hint)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom