• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Holcomb has something Rainwater doesn't, which is Mike Pence.

If Pence came out stump for Holcomb, I think he's toast.

But, I still won't vote for Holcomb.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Re read his website about his stances and issues. He’s pandering. That’s dangerous. He will help individual tax rates at the expense of farmers and businesses. (Non private property taxes)

I fear he will further destroy small business, despite him pandering to us.

im out.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Re read his website about his stances and issues. He’s pandering. That’s dangerous. He will help individual tax rates at the expense of farmers and businesses. (Non private property taxes)

I fear he will further destroy small business, despite him pandering to us.

im out.
    It would be impossible for him to do any of that without the assistance of the R house and senate.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It would be impossible for him to do any of that without the assistance of the R house and senate.

Again. These guys can write some very well scripted things that ring bells and hit buttons with so many disgruntled voters but in the reality of it he cant do any of the :poop: he is saying and he is actually saying not a GD thing. Typical pandering :bs:

WTFU people. As much as it pains me (and it does) we need to stay the course and the next primary get active. Put a boot up the party's ass and lets get moving.

See. I just did the same thing this empty message has been doing. And he is exactly that. Empty.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    A vote for Rainwater is not a vote for him to get elected. Its sending a message not to allow RINOs into the party.

Republicans that might have been better suited in let's say a JFK era Democrat party can't find a home there now because the party is so radicalized.

They run as Republicans, but conservatives don't want them. They contaminate the party and its small govt brand.

So a message has to be sent that we will vote third party if need be. We did this with Luger and will do it with Holcomb if it has to be done.

If Myers gets in, the legislature will at least be motivated to hold him in check.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A vote for Rainwater is not a vote for him to get elected. Its sending a message not to allow RINOs into the party.

Republicans that might have been better suited in let's say a JFK era Democrat party can't find a home there now because the party is so radicalized.

They run as Republicans, but conservatives don't want them. They contaminate the party and its small govt brand.

So a message has to be sent that we will vote third party if need be. We did this with Luger and will do it with Holcomb if it has to be done.

If Myers gets in, the legislature will at least be motivated to hold him in check.

OK I get that but no one in power (those behind the scenes that actually run this crap show) gives to shakes about this. They will regroup and come back just like before. And the before before that. It is the same as it ever was. They never see it the way we want them to.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You can keep voting for the same thing. Kind of sad that you feel obligated to vote for people that you think don't give a :poop: about what you think.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You can keep voting for the same thing. Kind of sad that you feel obligated to vote for people that you think don't give a :poop: about what you think.

The whole thing is sad but give me a better option. Seriously. Something that actually has a modicum of a chance in the cess pool we have allowed to fester called the 2 party system with a sub-title noted as libertarian.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The whole thing is sad but give me a better option. Seriously. Something that actually has a modicum of a chance in the cess pool we have allowed to fester called the 2 party system with a sub-title noted as libertarian.
    You have one. You just don't want to accept it.

I've never been a die hard R. It isn't hard for me to not vote for one.

From what I've read there are a lot of Rs jumping on the Rainwater bandwagon. It's actually pretty amazing.

I can't remember if you do the book of face, but here is a group for you if you do
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/gop4rainwater

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    What is his prior experience? The Gov seat is a pretty big jump from IT Management. The only thing listed on his website that gives me any degree of hope is project management. I was NOT a fan of Pence, not a Holcomb fan either (although his wife is super Pro2A but I can't vote for her). Mitch Daniels wasn't highly liked but was very, very good at running a government machine without breaking it. People who hated him still spoke well of him in that regard.

I'm struggling with how Rainwater gained the experience necessary to run the state. I appreciate he's pledging to do a lot...but connect the dots for me on HOW you got the expertise to get us to that destination.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What is his prior experience? The Gov seat is a pretty big jump from IT Management. The only thing listed on his website that gives me any degree of hope is project management. I was NOT a fan of Pence, not a Holcomb fan either (although his wife is super Pro2A but I can't vote for her). Mitch Daniels wasn't highly liked but was very, very good at running a government machine without breaking it. People who hated him still spoke well of him in that regard.

I'm struggling with how Rainwater gained the experience necessary to run the state. I appreciate he's pledging to do a lot...but connect the dots for me on HOW you got the expertise to get us to that destination.

Trump makes it look too easy, people unable to appreciate the very real skill set Trump has think 'anybody can do it' :)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If I can trust Trump with the country, I don't worry about Rainwater and the state.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Maybe you should reach out to him and/or his campaign. I bet they would be more than willing to answer your questions.

VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    Don't forget, Ventura returned the surplus money the state took too much of and returned it via a refund check. He wasn't all bad and sometimes not knowing exactly how the game is played qualifies you more than being a typical crooked life long politician.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You have one. You just don't want to accept it.

I've never been a die hard R. It isn't hard for me to not vote for one.

From what I've read there are a lot of Rs jumping on the Rainwater bandwagon. It's actually pretty amazing.

I can't remember if you do the book of face, but here is a group for you if you do
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/gop4rainwater

I do not even begin to consider this a viable option. Not at all. I have dealt with the Liber"T"s in the past and they have nothing that is solid enough for me to make that leap even in the reality that my vote is a lone glitch in the big picture. This cat has zilch going for him "IN MY MOST HUMBLE OPINION" and yes, even the opinion is just one of many, a mere glitch in the big picture.

This guy is an empty message.

If he pulls it off. If he does any of the things he is promising.....the burgers are on me. Seriously. I can get a second mortgage to cover that cheeseburger sumite and eat crow in front of the masses. But its not gonna happen.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

OG I have ran projects in my day. "Big" ones. And Oh Hell to the no can I run the state for crap sake.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Trump makes it look too easy, people unable to appreciate the very real skill set Trump has think 'anybody can do it' :)

I agree completely. Trump, hate him or not, came to the table with a particular set of skills [chuckle]. He knows business and deal-making. Yes, some of his businesses went under...but man what an expensive educational moment those were! As voters we attempt to select someone to govern that has knowledge specific to the tasks at hand. For example, 44 didn't have business experience so he governed quite differently. His professional experiences were essentially community organizing and public speaking. He is and was a phenomenal public speaker. And if all we needed was someone who can engage a group in conversation and active listening he would have been the greatest president ever, followed closely by Reagan. He was absolutely terrible at policies that shored up or promoted growth and industry. He seemed to miss the correlation between tightening environmental restrictions and a dying economy. Trump understood those lessons on a professional and personal level. He excelled at getting the business engine of this country back to working order because he had personal experience in working with large corporations and business networks. If I'm going to vote for anyone in the governor role, I need to understand what his life experience is. Like him or not, whatever skill set he has will be where he focuses his time. If it's project management then I hope he's got really, really good advisors around him. Project managers get the group of knowledgeable contributors around the table, the PM isn't necessarily the knowledge source. They simply facilitate. I like the skill as a leader, but need to know that he also has enough knowledge to call BS when it's there.

Maybe you should reach out to him and/or his campaign. I bet they would be more than willing to answer your questions.

I just might. Their website needs to give a history if he has any hope of being a trusted choice. We really need candidates who are more than a protest vote. I need them to run a campaign that is more than 'vote for me instead...' Either he is a viable stand alone candidate or he is not. His ability to run the state cannot simple be decided because no one wanted the other two options.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom