Don Shipley's phony Navy SEAL of the week!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    ...mostly about how people were using Vietnam veteran status to gain advantage in society and or wearing or claiming unearned medals...
    This just reminded me of someone.

220px-Jeremy_M._Boorda.jpg

Chief of Naval Operation Jeremy Michael Boorda

Boorda died on May 16, 1996 from an apparent suicide, after allegedly shooting himself in the chest....He was reported to have been distraught over a news media investigation, led by David Hackworth of Newsweek, into Combat Distinguishing Device enhancements he wore on his Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal and Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal. The Combat Distinguishing Device is a small bronze letter "V" worn on ribbons and medals, signifying valor in combat; the media report claimed that Boorda was not entitled to wear them.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Most all the bragging, self-proclaimed "heroes" I've met (and there has been a lot) either -

- Never Served,

- Served Food as a Cook,

- or Served as a Dumb Army Mechanic. :D

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The really sad thing is that many of the posers never get outed and get ahead based on bs.

I don't give anything out based on stories. They can tell me all the stories they want but it doesn't earn a damned thing from me.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    hahahaha, i love watching frauds get busted out. Nothing funnier then hearing the stories change when you call them on things. Like COMMENDATIONS and Master Sergeants instead of Master Chief. Pretty sure being in the service, you would know the difference.

Not to start an inner-service skirmish, but yes, the fraud SeAL should have also known that the Master Sergeant only thinks he's god, whereas the Master Chief is god.

Navy Housing is decent accommodations when there is no Holiday Inn.

All in good fun my Veteran Friends.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Not to start an inner-service skirmish, but yes, the fraud SeAL should have also known that the Master Sergeant only thinks he's god, whereas the Master Chief is god.

Navy Housing is decent accommodations when there is no Holiday Inn.

All in good fun my Veteran Friends.

Hahaha. Not sure one way or the other. Both ranks are more then far enough up that I try to avoid them. Granted, pulled security for a Colonel while overseas, so i have worked with them and higher brass, but we all know officers are way different then enlisted. Even in the nose bleed ranks.

Still, been watching more then a couple these videos, and its always sooo funny to listen to them walk into the ambush and then the dumb sound on the phone (and im sure their face too)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Most all the bragging, self-proclaimed "heroes" I've met (and there has been a lot) either -

- Never Served,

- Served Food as a Cook,

Hey!

Wait a minute, I think this might be directed at me... :popcorn:

Side note, you will never hear me refer to myself as a Hero. Heroes have structures named after them, usually posthumously... ;)

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    This just reminded me of someone.

220px-Jeremy_M._Boorda.jpg

Chief of Naval Operation Jeremy Michael Boorda
    "Boorda died on May 16, 1996 from an apparent suicide, after allegedly shooting himself in the chest....He was reported to have been distraught over a news media investigation, led by David Hackworth of Newsweek, into Combat Distinguishing Device enhancements he wore on his Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal and Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal. The Combat Distinguishing Device is a small bronze letter "V" worn on ribbons and medals, signifying valor in combat; the media report claimed that Boorda was not entitled to wear them."

I remember that. I was in the Navy from 94-98 and Boorda came on the USS Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71 in late 95 early 96. I was on the TR from Feb95 to Nov96.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

- Never Served,

- Served Food as a Cook,

I have noticed that too. Everyone is all special force SEAL Delta Sniper Space shuttle Door Gunner Ninjas. Heck, i just tell people that Im an MP, let them make the jokes, dont care, cause I know what I have done and served unlike most the population. Which, i dont let make fun of my job, or branch. If its another MOS, or Branch, well, we all bust jokes on each other.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Truly sad ...

... the liars and BS-ers get ahed of really needy vets who get shuffled to the side, and benefits often are not left over for the vet. Congressmen's staff do the same thing, with veteran mileage reimbursements. Ticks me off. EBG
    The really sad thing is that many of the posers never get outed and get ahead based on bs.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I graduated high school in a small town with a guy who in reality was in the Air Force for awhile and discharged after being injured in an auto accident.

Another friend of mine worked with him in this same small town and told me he was always bragging about being in "special forces" and along with it had some real "whoppers" he would tell about his combat "experience".

ALL that centered on him being the "hero", and ALL were total BS.

I had worked in the same place some years before and many of the guys who worked there were Korean and Vietnam War vets who ACTUALLY had been in combat.

Their feeling toward this guy was that he was so pathetic they could only just laugh at him and ridicule him.

Which does beg the question of why people do this?

I for one can respect that he in REALITY enlisted in the Air Force and was discharged due to an injury in an auto accident.
    That's at least honorable service.

I'll never understand why he thinks he needs to make up all this BS that everybody knows is lie.

Last edited:

Wysko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Indy, West Side.
    Too funny. I have met a few Walter Mitty losers over the years. Vietnam vets, snipers and Navy Seals are popular with Mr. Mitty. Had fun when a coworker claimed he trained Seals, A few month before he told one of the guys he was in the Army. Took all my effort not to laugh when I asked, " Really? you trained seals? Which zoo did you work at?"

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have noticed that too. Everyone is all special force SEAL Delta Sniper Space shuttle Door Gunner Ninjas. Heck, i just tell people that Im an MP, let them make the jokes, dont care, cause I know what I have done and served unlike most the population. Which, i dont let make fun of my job, or branch. If its another MOS, or Branch, well, we all bust jokes on each other.

Can't spell whimp, without an MP... :D

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Can't spell whimp, without an MP... :D

HAHAHAHA, tried to rep you, but i have to spread it around first. Gee, never heard that before. Also, cant spell PIMP without MP either.
    Course, when its o'dark 30 and there is a scary noise outside, who does everyone call? Give you a hint, its not the local crackheads, hahaha.
    I do have to say, i miss Army ranges, and not paying for the ammo to shoot off. Hopefully will be back again to work again soon :rockwoot: Where else do you get paid to shoot, drive fast and play with dangerous weapons and equipment? And get "rewards" for it too.

Top Bottom