• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My wife just stole mine. She was wanting something new to carry and shot my Shield. Now I'm gun shopping. Will most likely get another Shield though.

Stop and think about that one first.

If buying guns is like buying underwear, then you'll be in the analogous situation of wearing your wife's panties.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have a friend who gave his wife a Sig P239 9mm, she attended a 2 day NRA class, enjoyed shooting it.

He got the Sig in the divorce...

Meh...

:ingo:

Winning.jpg

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    I just bought several firearms for myself until she found one she liked. She ended up with a S&W bodyguard 380. I ended up with many more...

My wife went with the bodyguard as well, only in 38 spcl. She really likes it, I do as well. I ended up with the shield for cc

WarJunky91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    Decatur
    I can see where this article is coming from, but this is a really big over generalization. Sure there are a lot of idiots out there that go and buy their wife something ridiculous like a 44 mag or a full size 1911 for their first gun, those of course are a bad idea. But some people are interested in the hobby, but are afraid to take that first step themselves. My own mother for instance, she has always showed interest in firearms, but was never one to take the initiative, so this past Christmas i gave her a S&W Shield in 9mm. I can make the general assumption that would be a good fit for her because of the caliber and size. And that gun has been enough to get my Mom interested in going to range, and that got my little sisters interested in going to the range. Now for all i know once my Mom learns what she likes she could want a Mare's leg for her daily carry, but I needed something to get her foot in the door first and the Shield did that. And as for somebody who is already into guns, is any gun really a bad choice? I don't think i would ever complain about getting a gun, even something low grade like a Hi-point.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The better 2/3's first was what she chose. An airweight shrouded hammer snubby to blow through the front corner of her shoulder bag.
    Then she started walking tomato cans across the yard without using the sights.
    Then her nephews didn't want to shoot with her any more.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I agree, as well. But I object to the comment that the days are gone when women expect men to defend them. I was not aware that those days are even here. I remember the historical accounts of the pioneer women. They did expect the men to defend them, but those women were right beside their men, pulling the ramrod out of the muskets, or shoving more rounds into the Henry .44. They were watching the other window and firing at will when the BGs stormed the cabin from the rear. And if the BGs showed up when Pa was out in the back forty, or up in the hills looking for meat for the table, the women took care of business on their own.

In later years, when Pa was working the assembly line, Ma was working the garden behind the house. When Pa was tearing down Hitler's meat house, Ma was putting the rivets in those Mustangs, or wiping the grease off those M1 Garands before she nailed down the crate lids. Those women knew how to work and how to fight. They did not have time (or the technology) for selfies. They were busy taking care of business and making sure their kids were as well behaved as their men. :grabass:

Yes, take your girl to pick out her own weapon. And don't forget to open the door for her. :oldwise:

+1 and rep inbound

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Yes, take your girl to pick out her own weapon. And don't forget to open the door for her. :oldwise:

WINNING! She will love you for being a gentleman and will be more likely to carry the firearm she chooses.

It also opens the door to a whole variety of new and uncharted discussions. Before long, she will want a rifle...then perhaps steel targets...then perhaps dropping hints on the new pistol she DOES want for Christmas...and then you'll be looking at His -n- Hers safes because yours ran out of room...

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The better 2/3's first was what she chose. An airweight shrouded hammer snubby to blow through the front corner of her shoulder bag.
    Then she started walking tomato cans across the yard without using the sights.
    Then her nephews didn't want to shoot with her any more.

I just picked one of these up after Christmas and love it! Of course, I like my .45 and my little plinking .22 too.

Hubby can buy me a gun any day of the week.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I agree, as well. But I object to the comment that the days are gone when women expect men to defend them. I was not aware that those days are even here. I remember the historical accounts of the pioneer women. They did expect the men to defend them, but those women were right beside their men, pulling the ramrod out of the muskets, or shoving more rounds into the Henry .44. They were watching the other window and firing at will when the BGs stormed the cabin from the rear. And if the BGs showed up when Pa was out in the back forty, or up in the hills looking for meat for the table, the women took care of business on their own.

In later years, when Pa was working the assembly line, Ma was working the garden behind the house. When Pa was tearing down Hitler's meat house, Ma was putting the rivets in those Mustangs, or wiping the grease off those M1 Garands before she nailed down the crate lids. Those women knew how to work and how to fight. They did not have time (or the technology) for selfies. They were busy taking care of business and making sure their kids were as well behaved as their men. :grabass:

+1 on this...and I do occasionally buy a gun for my wife...after she picks out which one she likes/wants!

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    None of the women I dated was strong enough to rack the slide of any pistol. When we went shooting, she would asked me to rack it for her. On the other hand, she didn't want to .22 for protection. but she is history now, my new woman, same thing, weak hand. what can I say? Need to take her to the gun shop to try out many different gun that she can handle.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    None of the women I dated was strong enough to rack the slide of any pistol. When we went shooting, she would asked me to rack it for her. On the other hand, she didn't want to .22 for protection. but she is history now, my new woman, same thing, weak hand. what can I say? Need to take her to the gun shop to try out many different gun that she can handle.

I always had a hard time pulling the slide back. However, if I hold the slide with my weaker hand and push the pistol forward with the other, I have no trouble with racking the slide. I picked up that tip in an article that is on The Well Armed Woman site. Some good info there for new shooters as well. My dad only had revolvers so that was all I had ever shot until my husband bought me my .45 years ago.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

That's why Colonel Samuel Colt perfected the revolver back in 1873.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Unless there is an injury or disability, that's more of a matter of technique than it is of strength.

Top Bottom