• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I kinda agree, but it depends on the situation. My husband asked me what I wanted for Christmas last year, and I said another gun...lol. (I got a necklace instead). Guns you don't like can always be traded for a different gun.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I agree, as well. But I object to the comment that the days are gone when women expect men to defend them. I was not aware that those days are even here. I remember the historical accounts of the pioneer women. They did expect the men to defend them, but those women were right beside their men, pulling the ramrod out of the muskets, or shoving more rounds into the Henry .44. They were watching the other window and firing at will when the BGs stormed the cabin from the rear. And if the BGs showed up when Pa was out in the back forty, or up in the hills looking for meat for the table, the women took care of business on their own.

In later years, when Pa was working the assembly line, Ma was working the garden behind the house. When Pa was tearing down Hitler's meat house, Ma was putting the rivets in those Mustangs, or wiping the grease off those M1 Garands before she nailed down the crate lids. Those women knew how to work and how to fight. They did not have time (or the technology) for selfies. They were busy taking care of business and making sure their kids were as well behaved as their men. :grabass:

Yes, take your girl to pick out her own weapon. And don't forget to open the door for her. :oldwise:

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I agree, as well. But I object to the comment that the days are gone when women expect men to defend them. I was not aware that those days are even here. I remember the historical accounts of the pioneer women. They did expect the men to defend them, but those women were right beside their men, pulling the ramrod out of the muskets, or shoving more rounds into the Henry .44. They were watching the other window and firing at will when the BGs stormed the cabin from the rear. And if the BGs showed up when Pa was out in the back forty, or up in the hills looking for meat for the table, the women took care of business on their own.

In later years, when Pa was working the assembly line, Ma was working the garden behind the house. When Pa was tearing down Hitler's meat house, Ma was putting the rivets in those Mustangs, or wiping the grease off those M1 Garands before she nailed down the crate lids. Those women knew how to work and how to fight. They did not have time (or the technology) for selfies. They were busy taking care of business and making sure their kids were as well behaved as their men. :grabass:

Yes, take your girl to pick out her own weapon. And don't forget to open the door for her. :oldwise:

:+1:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I had my wife get her LTCH, she has a Glock-17 and a Glock-43, she shoots at least once a month, and I have to admit, in her lifetime, "I" am probably the only living thing she ever shoots!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I"ll go one better. Don't buy her one and if possible let her shoot a few different models (not just handle them) before making a decision. It WILL save you time and money, AND she will come out of it enjoying what she has and shooting more often.

[FONT=&amp]
    From my Army days:

Beginner: learns the rules
    Intermediate: applies the rules
    Proficient: understands the rules
    Expert: understands when the rules don't apply

The topic at hand was explosives, BTW, frankly more dangerous and easier to screw up than guns.
    [/FONT]

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Last edited:

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I could never guy my wife a gun. In the beginning she would ask why I needed so many firearms. I tried to explain it to her in many ways but she didn't understand. Then I compared them to shoes and purses; a different one for a different situation and how you dress.

When she decided she wanted to buy her first one I asked if she wanted me to get her one. She asked me if I wanted to buy her shoes and purses. Obviously I said NO! She picks out and buys her own.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Weapons proficiency has become a basic skill needed by women.
    When assuming the role of care giver for a family that becomes doubly so.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I have a friend who gave his wife a Sig P239 9mm, she attended a 2 day NRA class, enjoyed shooting it.

He got the Sig in the divorce...

Meh...

:ingo:

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Everyone should pick out their own gun, but I've never turned down a gift gun either. My first gun ever was a gift - a 410 single shot from my dad when I was 10. 40 years later, my son has it and I still love it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I disagree with the sentiment as a universal statement, but I don't have time for a thorough treatment of my disagreement.

Know your wife. If you know your wife, then you know whether it is a good or a bad idea to buy her a gun.

Jeepinjeff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2016
    Indianapolis
    My wife just stole mine. She was wanting something new to carry and shot my Shield. Now I'm gun shopping. Will most likely get another Shield though.

Top Bottom