• ...and so much more!
  • bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Gun: Marlin 1894ss

I started thinking I wanted a new trigger for my marlin. I started reading, and a lot of people liked the Wild West Guns happy trigger kit. Looks like that's going to run about $100.

Then I got to thinking, could a local smith do a trigger/action job for roughly the same money and produce the same result on the trigger and get a better action at the same time?

Ive got no idea what something like that would run.

Any rough estimates and or experiences with lever gun work from bradis here on INGO?

Thanks!

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    No experience with lever guns, but USDS has done a couple of my AR's. Very happy with their work.
    Actually drove down there today for trigger work on my DPMS G2 and remembered about half mile away that most of the guys were in Vegas for the Shot show. As is usual for my luck, the guy that does the trigger work was indeed in Vegas!

matt

TPB04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2015
    Fishers
    A few years ago I needed some work on an older revolver and Bradis sent me to a gunsmith in Martinsville. He did a great job and price was right, too. I don't want to post his info, but if you want it, send me a private email. Tom

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Any rough estimates and or experiences with lever gun work from bradis here on INGO?

We do not have a gunsmith on staff, only armorers for Glock, S&W M&P and AR-15s.

A few years ago I needed some work on an older revolver and Bradis sent me to a gunsmith in Martinsville. He did a great job and price was right, too. I don't want to post his info, but if you want it, send me a private email. Tom

The smith you are referring to is no longer in business so we are no longer referring folks to him, although he may still be doing work on the side for private individuals until his FFL expires. Lately we have been sending folks to JM Gunsmithing (Jeff McHenry) in Greenwood.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You will get much better results with an after market kit than messaging the worn OEM parts. JMHO.

I have used the shop in Martinsville with very poor results. The work had to be redone. It is the reason I dove into doing my own work. JMHO of course.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Squirt239 on here is an FFL holding smith. Brett is over north of brownsburg. I think he could handle what you are looking to have done. Or possibly PM AllenM and see if he would be looking for a project.

Top Bottom