• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlwaysThirsty

Plinker
    Dec 11, 2010
    I was in BGF last weekend and bought a Taurus PT140, great store and helpful staff I'll add. I took it out today for a little shooting, and after firing about twenty rounds through it the clip just fell out of the gun. After that, on both clips that came with the gun, every time I would fire a few rounds the clip itself would just fall out of the gun and onto the ground. They were closed by the time I got back up to this side of town, but I was curious now if they have a return policy on their used guns. Anyone with an idea or anyone ever had a problem like this? Thanks a lot.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Jul 3, 2010
    I was in BGF last weekend and bought a Taurus PT140, great store and helpful staff I'll add. I took it out today for a little shooting, and after firing about twenty rounds through it the clip just fell out of the gun. After that, on both clips that came with the gun, every time I would fire a few rounds the clip itself would just fall out of the gun and onto the ground. They were closed by the time I got back up to this side of town, but I was curious now if they have a return policy on their used guns. Anyone with an idea or anyone ever had a problem like this? Thanks a lot.

Sounds like a worn mag release. I'd call Taurus and see if they can send you the part as they have a lifetime warranty. I'd rather not ship a gun back for a mag release as they are usually pretty easy to replace (not familiar with that specific model).

You could give BGF a call and see if they can help you out. Not sure if they will have any spare parts for that particular gun. If it was a 1911 or a Glock you could pick up a mag release almost anywhere, but again not sure on the PT140.

A quick internet search turned this up:

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/smithing/19095-millenium-pro-fix-dropped-mag-issue.html

Apparently it is a common issue in these guns.

http://letmebingthatforyou.com/?q=taurus%20pt140%20mag%20release%20issue

223 Gunner

Master
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I think most shops do not take guns back, especially a used gun, they have no way to warranty it. You will have to call Taurus, they may pay shipping both ways to fix it. They do have a life time warranty on their guns.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom