• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    If so how long have you been doing it, what is your certification level and where all have you dived at?
    14 years
    Open water (Im not big on classes, give the basic's and I will get the rest from experience)
    Lots of east coast Florida time catching lobsters
    spent a few weeks in the Bahamas in a small boat around some very small secluded Islands.
    Grand and little Cayman
    Belize
    Cozumel
    Aruba
    Some fresh water in the springs of Florida
    One dive in a rock quarry in Indiana to get certified...never been back.
    Over 400 dives in Salt water.

Sadly since my wife/dive buddy became a mom she has no interest in diving anymore.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I'd have to look, but I've been diving around 8 years. AOW diver, PADI/NAUI/YMCA. I like the florida keys and atlantic coast, but I usually end up at the bottom of a pool or something trying to fix a stuck drain valve..

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    NAUI. All over Puerto Rico, USVI, BVI, Caymans. The usual stuff.

I did it cause I was living in PR. I'd love to do it now but not to the point I'd travel all the way down there just to do it.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    30 years. Mostly SE Florida and the Bahamas. A little in Cancun and Belize. Mostly free dive for lobster and spearfishing now. I've not used tanks for quite a while.
    Open Water - never interested in the certification levels. For me diving is about productivity (Food), not sight-seeing.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    30 years. Mostly SE Florida and the Bahamas. A little in Cancun and Belize. Mostly free dive for lobster and spearfishing now. I've not used tanks for quite a while.
    Open Water - never interested in the certification levels. For me diving is about productivity (Food), not sight-seeing.

ever make it down for Mini season and night diving for slobsters?

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    If so how long have you been doing it, what is your certification level and where all have you dived at?
    Since 2003 when I was certified. Through PADI, OW, AOW, Rescue, Night, Deep, Underwater Propulsion Vehicle, Underwater Naivgation, Equipment Specilist, O2 provider, and I think a few others that I cant remember. I got my Master Diver cert a few years back.

My only SSI cert is for Nitrox.

Sadly I havn't done much diving lately, but I do love it.

14 years
    Open water (Im not big on classes, give the basic's and I will get the rest from experience)
    Lots of east coast Florida time catching lobsters
    spent a few weeks in the Bahamas in a small boat around some very small secluded Islands.
    Grand and little Cayman
    Belize
    Cozumel
    Aruba
    Some fresh water in the springs of Florida
    One dive in a rock quarry in Indiana to get certified...never been back.
    Over 400 dives in Salt water.

Sadly since my wife/dive buddy became a mom she has no interest in diving anymore.

Belize and Cozumel are my two favorites! I wish I could get my wife to dive, but she has no interest.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have been diving for about 7 years as a rescue/recovery diver for my PD , mostly retention ponds and quarrys.

PADI:

Open Water
    Advanced Open Water
    Rescue

Dive Rescue International:

DRI 1
    DRI 2
    DRI Rescue Diver
    Med Dive

Have been out of the water for almost 2 years due to a blown ear drum (not directly dive related). Once the hole grew back I had negative pressure in that ear drum so I couldn't dive. Recently resolved that issue and went up to the hyperbaric chamber in Ft Wayne and got dropped to 120ft with no issues........and the doc pretty much slammed us down to 120 so I would definitly know if there was an issue.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Since 2003 when I was certified. Through PADI, OW, AOW, Rescue, Night, Deep, Underwater Propulsion Vehicle, Underwater Naivgation, Equipment Specilist, O2 provider, and I think a few others that I cant remember. I got my Master Diver cert a few years back.

My only SSI cert is for Nitrox.

Sadly I havn't done much diving lately, but I do love it.

Belize and Cozumel are my two favorites! I wish I could get my wife to dive, but she has no interest.

Thats alot of classes. I just completed my referral open water padi dive pool work and book work last weekend in chicago, and am going to Jamaica to finish up the open water dives down there where its warm next month. I dont know how far I want to go with it but I want to finish my open water cert and maybe take a couple of speciality classes.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

Advanced Open Water, pits about Indiana and IL, Dale Hollow.

Off and on since I was about 12 years old. Did it more in high school than I have since I actually got the certificates about 15 years ago.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Yes, did mini-season last year and also took a group of guys from Indy later in August last year. I went again for the opening of the season this year. Did very well. Freezer is packed!

If you ever go back down on a guy trip hit me up.:D

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Was on the Sheriff Dept. Dive team. Been doing it for 33 years
    PADI:
    Open Water
    Advanced Open Water
    Rescue

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    :wavey: Former instructor in the 1970's Have done a lot of Great Lakes wreck diving and ice diving. Also have been diving in many lakes in Indiana and other states. Salt water diving was marine biology studies in the Florida keys.

mcgpz1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    string of padi certs including instructor/naui instructor/ IANTD full cave nitrox

dove the keys, florida springs, cozumel, caves @ akumal,bonaire,grand cayman,bimini and andros in the bahamas, most of the local stuff and dale hollow.
    started in '93 then laid out for a little while but now little is old enough so we're crankin the program back up

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    PADI open water diver. Got certified back in early 80's when stationed at Kadina AB, Okinawa Japan. Did 200+ dives the three years I was there. Left in 83 and haven't been out since.

Top Bottom