Do you guys think I should get this replaced under warranty?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should I get this replaced under warranty?

• Total voters

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Just bough this CZ SP-01 a couple weeks ago and still haven't had time to go shoot it. Found this little scratch underneath the safety. Warranty said they'd replace it if I wanted to, but that its not a big deal. I've asked in a few other forums, but figured it'd be good to hear INGOs position too. What would you guys do? Here are some (crappy) pics:

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If it's not a big deal to have it replaced under warranty, I would send it back. It's not like you dinged it up or something. They put out a damaged product.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I'd send it back, given what CZs cost now. If they were still $250 like they were many years ago, I'd say go with it.

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    I wouldn't want to wait to get it back. You can do a good job fixing it yourself with a blueing pen at your conveince. No offense but it is CZ

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It is a machine. Does it function as it should? That would be what I would concentrate on. You purchased it to function. It is not marketed as a "fine finish" arm. I would concentrate on keeping the front sights aligned and mastering trigger pull. Life is too short to obsess about a lttle nick under a control.

PS. let us know how well it shoots.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    It would seem that you are as OCD as I am. When I get something stuck in my head like that, it's not gonna be ok until it's dealt with. If it's eating at ya' that bad, get it replaced. Otherwise you'll hate it and just end up trading it out for something else in a month.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    If they said they would replace it, then why not?

This is the email they sent me:

[FONT=&quot]Me,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]If it was me I wouldn’t worry about it, a gunsmith should cold blue it for next to nothing, if not free, it would take them 1 minute of time. If you really want you can send the pistol in we would probably replace it with a new one, or if you would be satisfied we could cold blue it for you. Up to you, its pretty minor though.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Him" CZ-USA GUNSMITH[/FONT]

So I dont really know if that means i have to pay shipping or not, I'll ask later. Also, since its the frame portion, I dont know how it will work out. Do I have to send it to them through fedex/ups/etc, then pick it up at my FFL? Will it cost me money to pick it up from my FFL? Etc. I just dont want to seem like a psycho stickler lol...

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I wouldn't even consider sending it back. Maybe try to get some free mags, but no way I would mail it in.

Hell, it's a tool. Take it out, throw it in some gravel and feel better about yourself. If you're using it, it's gonna get beat up anyways.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Ha ha, I will give it to you for free, for like $700. ;) Kapeshe?

Freakin love the way this gun feels in my hand, it's like it was made for me!

castle134

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    If it were me I'd keep it cause sooner or later there will be a scratch on my gun from use either by holster wear or use from a range getting put on a table. If the gun works perfectly fine then thats really all that matters

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom