do you ever look to see is a cops glock is loaded?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I was in line a couple of years ago waiting to get into the county fair. I watched the deputy pull up and get out of his care and walk about fifty yards. He then went back to the car and got his pistol and put it into his holster and walked back into the fair.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Since you can tell by the extractor sticking out ?
    I only look at them to see if they are looking at me. :shady:

Ok sometimes I might be checking out a
    HotActionCop.jpg

If there is more than one hot cop, I might commit a misdemeanor so they can cuff me. :D
    busted.jpg

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    A unloaded gun to a cop is like a donut shop without donuts..........useless.

:ingo:

This relates to the "one in the chamber" thread....an unloaded gun simply is not acceptable to me. It's like going to a ta ta bar with no singles. :) I was going to say booby, but didn't know if that was ok :D

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'm sure there are a few people that were able to see the loaded round looking down the barrel of my Glock. An empty chamber kind of defeats the threat of being shot.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Only on newer Glocks with the LCI extractor. But most duty holsters will cover the ejection port and extractor anyway.

Just what I was thinking about the duty holsters covering the ejection port and trigger, and you'd have to get really close to even have a chance to see, end up like chubby getting handcuffed and not with the cute ones doing the cuffing.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    You'd be amazed at how many police officers are walking around with empty guns. Not usually by choice, but from bad habits.

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I had one that forgot his in the trunk of his car. He got out I apprised (sp?) him of the situation and started to walk with me then says "Oh:poop: "
    Goes back to the car and gets his Sig outta the trunk.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    "Misplacing" your weapon...

How a cop could forget their gun entirely is beyond me.

Believe it or not it does happen, but not always for straight dumbfoundedness. When we take somebody into the jail we have to lock up our weapon in the car or a lockbox on the wall. If there is a long wait to process your prisoner(s,) which is not uncommon, or (more than likely) you get to talking to your pals when they are dropping of their prisoners, it's easy to find yourself sidetracked and forget that you have locked up your weapon. We've all done it a couple of times and any cop who tells you he hasn't is fibbing to ya! I have developed the "spectacles-testicles-wallet-watch" method of making sure I always have my gear when I leave the house or intake! :ugh:

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Believe it or not it does happen, but not always for straight dumbfoundedness. When we take somebody into the jail we have to lock up our weapon in the car or a lockbox on the wall. If there is a long wait to process your prisoner(s,) which is not uncommon, or (more than likely) you get to talking to your pals when they are dropping of their prisoners, it's easy to find yourself sidetracked and forget that you have locked up your weapon. We've all done it a couple of times and any cop who tells you he hasn't is fibbing to ya! I have developed the "spectacles-testicles-wallet-watch" method of making sure I always have my gear when I leave the house or intake! :ugh:

I will second this. You are human it WILL Happen.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom