• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    do any of you carry some sort of rifle or shotgun in your trunk? i've heard of some people doing this but what is the lagality of this?

FattRed1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Pendleton
    I do carry something in my trunk, a Ka-Bar fighting knife.

I didn't even know it was back there until I was recently pulled over in New Castle for "being from Madison County." and had my vehicle searched.

Thats the last time I announce to a LEO that I have a handgun in my car.

His face, when he found that knife, was priceless.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    do any of you carry some sort of rifle or shotgun in your trunk? i've heard of some people doing this but what is the lagality of this?

1. Yep.
    2. It's legal. Just don't park at a school.
    :D

Why wouldn't it be legal?

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I do carry something in my trunk, a Ka-Bar fighting knife.

I didn't even know it was back there until I was recently pulled over in New Castle for "being from Madison County." and had my vehicle searched.

Thats the last time I announce to a LEO that I have a handgun in my car.

His face, when he found that knife, was priceless.

:hijack:

What reason did the LEO offer up as his/her reason for searching your car?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    what do you carry? im guessing this is if SHTF situation. my thought was that it had to be unloaded, thus no use for it.

I am in a major flux with firearms right now. So for the time being there is my 870 back there. Soon it will be replaced by an AK underfolder.

The trunk gun provides several uses. One is the obvious SHTF situation: hangun fights to the trunk, trunk gun helps you make your walk home to your ammo fort and associated arsenal. A second is protection of complete firearms loss if your house is robbed while you are away (think of it as diversification). But the best of all is often overlooked: it is your "sneek of to the range" gun. Got a spare hour to blow - run off to the range and open the trunk! As long as you always have some fun in there waiting for you, you can always have some fun!

And while an 870 is fun. An AK is far funner (yeah I know that is not a real word).

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I am in a major flux with firearms right now. So for the time being there is my 870 back there. Soon it will be replaced by an AK underfolder.

The trunk gun provides several uses. One is the obvious SHTF situation: hangun fights to the trunk, trunk gun helps you make your walk home to your ammo fort and associated arsenal. A second is protection of complete firearms loss if your house is robbed while you are away (think of it as diversification). But the best of all is often overlooked: it is your "sneek of to the range" gun. Got a spare hour to blow - run off to the range and open the trunk! As long as you always have some fun in there waiting for you, you can always have some fun!

And while an 870 is fun. An AK is far funner (yeah I know that is not a real word).
    Reps for the "sneak to the range" concept :yesway:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well, when I had my truck I had a stainless steel steak knife and a rusty axe in the bed. Better than nothing. I was going to keep my SKS in behind the seat but 1) it was too big to fit with all my other SHTF survival gear and 2) It's too purdy to scratch up whilst sitting behind my seat! :D

Now that I'm fixing up my dirt bike I'm trying to figure out when to mount the SKS if need be... Kinda rules out the "sneak to the range" idea but why sneak when you can just say "Hey I'm going to the range!" "I don't THI..." *Door Slam* :D

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I used to have a truck seat cover that had a slot that you could slide a shotgun or rifle into in the front part that hung down over the seat. Yes I had one or the other in there all of the time. Now I don't have that option but I do have a spare pistol stashed in the truck.

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don't leave anything in the vehicle. Had a buddy lose 2 very nice handguns in a truck break in, and my truck has been broken into recently. Fortunately, due to the no guns in the truck policy, no loss for me, besides the break in aggravation.

My wife is also a teacher and rotates what vehicle she drives while I'm away, that could end VERY badly.

If you’re going to do it, I’d recommend you install some type of gun safe, or gun lock that attaches said trunk gun to the vehicle.

Don’t quote me on this, but I thought a year or so back the number 1 and 2 most common places that guns were acquired by criminals was #1 stolen from residence, #2 stolen from vehicle.

Store cautiously,

Tinman….

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Usually a few boxes of ammo. Not for any particular reason, except that I often pick up a couple boxes on the way home and forget they're there.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Hey 45calibre, here's a present for ya.

bullet.png

:) I made the background transparent for you.

Top Bottom