• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    In the classifieds there is a .22 conversion by kimber for a 5" 1911, what about the 4" and the 3"? Does anyone make them? I would love to plink with my 3" 1911's shooting .22lr

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    for just a few bucks more, you can get a dedicated 1911, in .22 caliber. I got one of the GSG 1911's. It's well made and same weight/controls as the real 1911. Whatever works for ya...

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    everything is possible..
    No. It's not...

I have the 3" Ultra Carry II. I've gone to Kimber for theirs and they said, not only do they NOT make them for that size, nobody does.
    Did my own checking...at the time, Ciener and Marvel were the only other game in town and they told me the same thing.
    for just a few bucks more, you can get a dedicated 1911, in .22 caliber. I got one of the GSG 1911's. It's well made and same weight/controls as the real 1911. Whatever works for ya...
    Go with that ^. The GSG 1911/22 is accurate, fun, cheap to shoot, and 100% feels the same in hand as your Kimber. Plus, they're purdy. :D

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    The 5" will work on the 5". One may be able to get one custom made. I don't recall seeing one made for the 3" yet.

I think you meant the 5" conversion will work on the 4", which is true. They are the same frame. I have the Kimber conversion and have been happy with it. My only complaint is that it doesn't hold open on the last shot. Not sure if the GSGs do?

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I think you meant the 5" conversion will work on the 4", which is true. They are the same frame. I have the Kimber conversion and have been happy with it. My only complaint is that it doesn't hold open on the last shot. Not sure if the GSGs do?

The GSG-5's do hold open after the last shot. :patriot:

rugernut65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Vermillion county
    i dont think he will be able to buy that pericular one in the classifieds because its sitting on my 1911 it went together easily i only got it because i didnt like the feel of the 191122s that ive picked up and handled where my kimber feels perfect , my local dealer said thay can still be ordered around $300 range

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I did get to horse around with a customer's Cienar Officer's conversion on a RIA Officer's size 1911. Granted it's only one gun and one kit, but it didn't run very well. Given the variations in the recoil spring types and such, the kit fit (no fitting), but didn't run well. Tried all sorts of different ammo and it just would not run correctly or at least with the reliability of a conversion kit (which I would even consider 5 out of a 100 rounds failed still a good conversion, with one would barely run 10).

Side note: GSG could make quite a bit of loot if they made a nicely polished up Officer's 1911 in .22, something that looks like the Colt Defender or something :D .

Top Bottom