• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If you have pipelines or other utilities running over or under your property then there could be easments granting others permission to inspect those utilities. Sometimes they have the right to do things like cut down trees and clear brush.

I have to give my power company an easement for the trench area where my power line is going in.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I alway though/was informed that the CO on public grounds had more police powers than the state police. On private land I would think they would have the same rights as the state police. This would require a warrant or probable cause. The deer may be public property but my private property is not public.

I have had quite a few meet ups with the Co's. Fishing license checks, Hunting license checks on public land. A few beavers he was checking on at my uncles farm. Private land but accessing from public waterway. One even came out for a deer/car in same roadway case when my ex girlfriend hit one and walked to the house. She should have gotten in trouble as she was a bit more than a little intoxicated. I jumped on bike road to the wreck, called 911 and was never asked a single question except if I wanted to keep the deer. Wrote me a transport tag and help change a tire.

I have also seen them intrap people with the robo deer in southern indiana and Madison county just 3 miles from my house. I think in all my run in only one was a prick. He sneaked up on my cat fishing spot at night and scared the crap out of me then asked why I was nervous. I told him he made me spill my coffee.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    They made people illegally shoot at the deer?

you were commenting on his entrapment comment in regards to the robo deer.

they might not have "made" someone shoot at that deer, but they did put a deer infront of them knowing that someone would shoot it. just like prostetution bust, the popo put fake hookers on the street and then ENTRAP, johns!!!! who might have NEVER picked up a hooker if the cops hadnt thrown a whore in their face offering to suck their C*ck.
    same thing with the feds ENTRAPPING the guy at rubby ridge on trumped up gun charges. All these police agencies and feds entrap us citizens all the time so they can hit a quotta and ad to statistics so they get budget increases every year!! its all about money for them. if theres no money to be made then they dont realy give a crap if you do it. just like when i was growing up out in the country, we'd have BIG keggers in corn fields and the local county mounties would roll up and make sure everyone was safe and not driving and then drive away. YES THEY WERE COOL but also there was no money in it for ther dept. arresting a bunch of underage kids for drinking is a laughable attempt at being a cop, and even the majorty of the public dont care if kids drink, its not something their dept. will get federal money for. now to another TRUE FACT.... when federal dollars are being offered to police departments for writing seat belt violations, the number of tickets for seat belts goes up 80% at least. any other time most of them could care less, but when they have incintive to get money then buddy they are on it!!! its F'd up enforcing the law is about money!!! them CO's generate BIG MONEY for the state in fines and confiscations. i saw them jerks threaten to strip a guy to his underwear, just because he didnt have his hunting lisence and he got a little rude. talk about an abuse of power. i can curse out a regular cop all day long and maybe he can arrest me for disturbing the peace if im not on my own property, but he cant strip me naked. The more money all these cops generate through fines and seisures the more toys they can buy that they realy dont need but they either spend the money or lose it. how about spending it to teach them how to shoot and hit what their aiming at, or buy them all copies of the constitution, or make them read the law again so they properly enforce it and dont unjustly arrest people and then still stick them with another bogus charge cause the first one didnt stick because the cop was wrong. all this all comes down too is an abuse of power. i wanna see an average joe run for sheriff, and then when elected tell all of his deputies to never write a speeding ticket, lol, that would make my day!!! maybe if LEO's didnt leave all their cars running when they werent in them they would all get raises or the departments could buy new toys with all of those hundreds of thousands of dollars going up in smoke.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Been a couple of years ago...
    DNR set some of them Robo deer up in a friends pasture, didn't bother to tell him about them. As he was walk towards the road from the woods he seen him a perfect once in a life time shot at a nice looking buck. He shot it the state attempted to fine and prosecute him. He is still a free man wallet no lighter than it was...

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    Entrapment...right. I'm going to take some heat for this, but I want to be sure I understand what's being said...

So if $10,000 cash in laid out on a tellers work area as she counts it, and you just happen to see her doing it and decide to take it from her, it shouldn't be a crime because you were tempted and gave into that temptation? Give me a break.

Just like the prostitution example, and the robo deer; it's not entrapment. It may be tempting, but the individual is the one who decides if they're going to do the right or wrong thing and break the law or not.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Entrapment...right. I'm going to take some heat for this, but I want to be sure I understand what's being said...

So if $10,000 cash in laid out on a tellers work area as she counts it, and you just happen to see her doing it and decide to take it from her, it shouldn't be a crime because you were tempted and gave into that temptation? Give me a break.

Just like the prostitution example, and the robo deer; it's not entrapment. It may be tempting, but the individual is the one who decides if they're going to do the right or wrong thing and break the law or not.

The difference is the 10k is laying out in the woods.:D

Little story.

I was 21 at the time. Last weekend of deer gun season and 6 of us were out doing deer drives to fill the last few tags we had.

Long section of woods. 2 of us push 4 sit and shoot the does that are always on this piece of property.

We drop off the two pushers and drive to the other end of the woods. we park in the field get out of the truck, load the guns and start walking to a funnel area of the woods. About that time you see two CO's come jumping out of the weeds across the road and jump the ditch. One has a video camera and falls in the mud, the other one makes it over. They are 100 yards from us and were sitting there thinking WTF is going on. About that time a CO in a truck comes flying over the hill and stops in the road. The other two marathon runners are going to .....you guessed if there robo deer in the edge of the woods that we are going to hunt in.

We had not even noticed the deer, but could of legally shot the deer as we didnt load up until we were in the field and we had were allowed to hunt there.

When I get together with those guys we still laugh about it.:D

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Just putting a robo-deer out beside the road and waiting to see who shoots it is not entrapment, neither is dressing a cop up like a hooker and putting them beside the road to see who solicits them. Entrapment occurs when the state uses fraud or undue influence to convince a person to commit a crime when that person was not predisposed towards committing that crime. You will most often see the issue of entrapment raised as a defence against criminal charges by a defendant. For example if an undercover officer convinced someone to go hunting out of season and then led them to an area where a robo-deer was in place, that person might have a defense of entrapment if they could convince the jury that they would not have been out there if they had not been persuaded to go by the police. Its a gray area once the police start encouraging someone to commit a crime, but its pretty black and white if they just set out some bait and see who bites it.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    you were commenting on his entrapment comment in regards to the robo deer.

they might not have "made" someone shoot at that deer, but they did put a deer infront of them knowing that someone would shoot it.

So if a real deer was standing there and someone got out and shot at it, that would be entrapment too?

The decoy is just standing there. The violator supplies the means of shooting at the deer and makes the decision to shoot. They are in no way forced to fire at the decoy.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    You dont need a license to hunt on your own property. They apparently think that something unlawfull is going on there. They definiatly cant go into your cabin without a warrant or serious probable cause like a blood trail going in there or somthing. I think they are flexing thier muscle with you. I would call the prosecutor in the county or the head of DNR Law Enforcment and tell them this information. If they approached my deerstand on opening morning not once but twice, I would be super pissed off. Are you sure that there is no illegal activity going on there maybe when your not there? I'll bet you a big orange they have suspicion about somthing.

Scout11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Never needed a license until last year -now unless it is income producing property crops/lumber ect) you have have a license.... property taxes went up 400%, have to buy a license & the CO's are coming on my property.. Pisses off - just a little. There is no evidence of anything illegal going on down there (other than CO"S being there)- Been going once or twice a month for the last 30 years- walk the property every time. Shoot guns have a good time- I'm calling in tomorrow- will post their response.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    A federal duck stamp and a HIP number are required to hunt on private property if in the pursuit of waterfowl.

true but thats so they can monitor numbers of the species killed. also they are migratory over other states so thats why its a bigger issue. they tag some of them too so they can monitor migration habts, and if you shoot one wth a tag they send you a nice certificate in the mail. its pretty cool

Top Bottom