• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    So i am down here enjoying some diving and thought i would post a video for you all.
    There is so much I could post... Diving with Aldora Divers and had a 102 minute dive today for the second dive. The first was just 83 minutes!!
    Diving on steel 120 tanks is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNLwadHS8sc

This little guy swam through our group as the DM was pointing out something else. See if you can spot the nurse shark in the background near the end of the video.

Here is one of the many swim thrus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Eq1WupkuE8

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Great video.. I don't dive but I love to snorkel. I was there in 2014 and going back Jan of 2016. Love looking at all the coral & fish.

TwinTurbo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Under pressure with two snails
    Great vids, thanks for sharing! I haven't had the opportunity to dive at Cozumel yet, but it's definitely on the list.

I typically dive steel 120s as well. They're heavy, but the bottom time is great, especially with nitrox. I was diving that combo in the Keys during mini season this year. The extended bottom time and minimal surface intervals worked in our favor while hunting lobster.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Amazing place, I was able to dive in Cozumel once. That was about 15-16 years ago though, so I didnt get any video. Nice videos, keep posting!

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    For this trip I only brought the GoPro. I do have a Sealife DC 1000 that I have used in the past. It is my dive buddy that has a 18 pound rig for his Nikon D 800.

jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    Columbia Deep and Columbia Shallows are a couple of my favorites down there. 10-15 min. boat ride between. Enough to to switch tanks and you don't need a S.I.T. Shallows are only 20-30' deep so it is like one long safety stop.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I've done the Devils Throat. Took the deeper exit and stayed at 137' for a few minutes. It was a good dive... A signature dive.

We had one idiot in our group go over the edge to get the deepest dive in the group. They left him on the boat the rest of the day after showing us his 145 for two minutes. I wouldn't have minded him getting dead but it probably would have involved someone else also.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    We had one idiot in our group go over the edge to get the deepest dive in the group. They left him on the boat the rest of the day after showing us his 145 for two minutes. I wouldn't have minded him getting dead but it probably would have involved someone else also.

I usually do not seek out depth. It just happened that way. I think we have all had "that guy" on the boat weather it be depth, gear hound, noise maker, air hog, no bouyancy

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Columbia Deep and Columbia Shallows are a couple of my favorites down there. 10-15 min. boat ride between. Enough to to switch tanks and you don't need a S.I.T. Shallows are only 20-30' deep so it is like one long safety stop.

Dont forget Paradise reef. shallow dive. They are building a new pier there and the dive is shorter now. We still did 102 minutes... just had to come up father away from the old piers.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Are you guys diving with nitrox? And is is worth the extra time to have the ability to do so??

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    nitrox, IMHO, is worth the extra money. There is a cert to be acquired to dive with enriched air. Diving limits, max depths, is restricted.... However, since I am interested in the overall dive, not depth, it is better for me. Reduces headaches.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    nitrox, IMHO, is worth the extra money. There is a cert to be acquired to dive with enriched air. Diving limits, max depths, is restricted.... However, since I am interested in the overall dive, not depth, it is better for me. Reduces headaches.

That's what I am thinking, plus from my understanding if you do a trip it also helps with back to back days of diving and your overall feeling. It doesn't feel as if as much has been taken out of you. Waking up hungover vs not.

I'll have to look in to getting it!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    What kind of water and air temps are you seeing down there? I've only been down there April thru August, April is still a "little" cool in the water but the air temps are great! I did a cenote on our last trip down, the heliocline was definitely very neat. Saw the biggest damn spider I'd ever seen when we surfaced in one of the caverns, damn thing must have been 2 feet across and after seeing it I decided to stay under the rest of the trip!:scared:

Top Bottom