• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Went to see District 9 today. It was actually good sci fi, which is a nice change from all the garbage that's out there. I give it Scutter01's Official Seal of Awesomeness.

scutterseal.gif

Last edited:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Thanks for the heads up Scutter, I have been watching the trailers on TV it looks really good, I think it will be the next movie I go see.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It was a great movie...well done. No big name movie stars to rely on to bring people in...just a good story. I thought it appropriate that it took place in South Africa.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thanks for the heads up Scutter, I have been watching the trailers on TV it looks really good, I think it will be the next movie I go see.

It wasn't even on my radar, but the geek community had some good things to say about it, so I went to see it. Most good sci fi gets panned by critics because critics think good sci fi is "when stuff gets blowed up real good". I tend to avoid trailers because they always give away the plot points, so I hadn't even seen anything about this movie.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I saw it on Friday night and really enjoyed it. The movie was a lot different than I expected, and the story taking place in South Africa draws a lot of parallelisms.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I saw the trailer when I went to go see Terminator 3 on opening night. I thought it was a documentary for 3/4th of the trailer until they showed aliens and not an oppressed people "human" group. I cannot wait to see it.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I saw this Sunday and really enjoyed it. One of the better Sci Fi movies to come out lately. It was a little unnerving to see the huge number of end-of-the-world movies coming out. 2012, The Book of Eli, Daybreakers.

Not complaining mind you...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Great flick. I found the weaponry "shocking". :):

It does seem incredibly realistic especially given the reality of man's inhumanity to man, and
    with alien refugees even more so. A pretty accurate read on what I believe would likely
    happen in an actual event.

Also it was nice to see that aliens don't only land in the desert of the U.S. southwest or DC.
    :popcorn:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well, I sat and watched the trailers the other night in Mac OS's "Front Row" (streamed from Apple.com). Some were enjoyable.

But others that DO give away plot. Someone should be shot.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Scutter, just want to revive this thread and say thanks for the heads-up on this movie. Went and saw it tonight with akaindy. It was awesome. Like Starship Troopers meets Blackhawk Down, with a little bit of The Fly thrown in for good measure. And I don't think I've heard that many F-bombs dropped in a single movie, EVER, but the South African accent made them sound kinda funny...

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Scutter, just want to revive this thread and say thanks for the heads-up on this movie. Went and saw it tonight with akaindy. It was awesome. Like Starship Troopers meets Blackhawk Down, with a little bit of The Fly thrown in for good measure. And I don't think I've heard that many F-bombs dropped in a single movie, EVER, but the South African accent made them sound kinda funny...

More than The Big Lebowski?!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    And I don't think I've heard that many F-bombs dropped in a single movie, EVER, but the South African accent made them sound kinda funny...

Gotta agree with the assessment.

With a South African or Australian accent you can pretty much say anything and sound cool.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    And I don't think I've heard that many F-bombs dropped in a single movie, EVER, but the South African accent made them sound kinda funny...

Pffft, South Africans use the f-bomb in addressing everything.:D

If you cannot find the right word in flipping back and forth from English to Afrikaans to a Bantu language, you can always use the f-word.;)

Top Bottom