• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    As for Lugar, what can we expect from someone who has not had a real job (i.e., not a political office) in my lifetime? He considers his Senate office to be an entitlement and needs to be disabused of this misguided notion.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Don't you know that the 70's are cool now?

So I don't get it. Is this all Murdock has? Dick went to DC in 1977, therefore you should elect me instead? I'd call this textbook negative campaigning. All I seem to hear (everywhere) is vote for Murdock because he isn't Luger.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    Wait...negative advertising....in....politics? Never heard of such a thing!

But...this is not a negative ad. It's an ad that is to the point and succinct.

Lugar needs to go!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

So I don't get it. Is this all Murdock has? Dick went to DC in 1977, therefore you should elect me instead? I'd call this textbook negative campaigning. All I seem to hear (everywhere) is vote for Murdock because he isn't Luger.

I suppose you think Lugar's TV ads have been positive? He's been hammering Mourdock on trivia for months. How about Mourdock has been consistently pro-gun while Lugar never met an anti-gun bill he didn't like. How about Lugar has never met a leftist Supreme Court nominee he couldn't love on, and how about Lugar gas never a UN power-grabbing treaty he couldn't vote for? All those are more than enough reason for me to give Lugar the boot. Leftists like the anti-gun columnist Tully in the Star love him for a reason.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

You mean a campaign strategy whose only substance is "I'm not (insert name here)" isn't a great one? Who needs policy platforms? I'm not this guy, damn it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would point out that the last time I encountered Lugar in person was in 1998 at a GOP function hosted by a former county chairman who was a friend. I gave Lugar a couple of uncomfortable questions about his anti-gun votes, and he was not only smug but answered with a most insulting straw man argument. His attitude and insults were sufficient that the only thing which kept my fist and his jaw separated was the fact that the host was a friend for whom I did not wish to create an incident. I would say that this is more than sufficient reason to vote against him.

HCRMPD1

Marksman
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Shelbyville
    Richard Lugar is one of the many reasons that I would support term limits.

I, personally, would like to see the politicians have to work for a living instead of finding more ways to solidify their personal futures.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    The simple fact that my Uber Libo relatives are speaking so kindly of Dickie in response to my support of Murdock is enough to compel me to want him out. Everything else he has pulled is just supporting data.

The C&P in Evansville and their "Community Comment" pieces have just been fawning all over big Dick.

Top Bottom