• ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Hey all!

Recently picked up a couple Diplomat Gear MOLLE gun cases on closeout at LA Police Gear (Diplomat 36 Inch Rifle Case Closeout). Ordered both cases in "Coyote," but one is identical in color to the 5.11 "Deep Flat Earth" - more like a saddle brown, with no gray/green tint at all. Not necessarily a bad thing, but the suppressor pouch I mounted on the outside doesn't match at all ::runaway:

The case is a 36" semi-rigid design (they make a 44" as well) with one side completely covered in MOLLE webbing. It has plenty of room for my SBRs, and will (just) accept a 16" AR carbine with the stock collapsed. With the exception of a built-in exterior pouch/compartment, the Diplomat Gear cases are identical to the 5.11 cases that sell for $60 or more. The spec sheet claims the case will hold 2 guns, but the only way I see for that to happen is if they're small and have no optics or accessories attached. But I bought them as single-gun cases, so no harm no foul there. Stitching is decent (except for one of the removable velcro straps in one of the cases that was FUBARed), and I like the padded interior, generous MOLLE real estate, and velcro fields for attaching flags, patches, name strips, etc.

Quality and functionality beats the pants off the el-cheapo "assault rifle" cases I own and is about equal to the TAC Force case I had been using for my SBRs and SMG, but at less than half the cost. Now I need to go find some inexpensive magazine and utility pouches to stick on the outside of these, to carry mags and support gear along with the guns and suppressors.

Pics:
    diplomat_colors.jpg

The flash distorts the colors; the front case is the 5.11 "Deep Flat Earth" color and is more brown than it appears; the back case is less green than it appears, and matches my other "coyote" nylon gear pretty well.

diplomat_back.jpg

Back, showing strap attachment, window for ID card, and velcro field for a flag patch

diplomat_SBR.jpg

Inside, showing padded interior, velcro hold-down straps (comes with 4; I'm only using 2), and LMT 10.5" SBR for size comparison.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I've seen the various Diplomat Gear on LAPG before, but was always curious about its quality, given its comparatively low price point. As always, thanks for the review!

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Thanks. I was debating buying 2 of the 44" ones of these and one of the $18 36" assault bags last week. Now I have to re-think it again...

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I've seen the various Diplomat Gear on LAPG before, but was always curious about its quality, given its comparatively low price point. As always, thanks for the review!

Evidently, Diplomat Gear makes the LAPG Bailout Bags that I and numerous others here use at FNS on a regular basis. :yesway:

LAPG also has Diplomat Gear "assault rifle" cases in black, tan or OD on closeout for $18.99 - I'd be on that like white on rice if I didn't already have a bunch of cases of that type.

On a related note, I scored a bunch of USGI MOLLE mag pouches (SAW box pouches in khaki and double AR mag pouches in 3-color desert) for ridiculously cheap, to outfit my cases. I figure I can always dye or krylon them if the lack of color match starts to offends my delicate sensibilities. :):

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    It may only be 5%, but coupon code LAPG works even on the clearance items. I just saved $1.50 on this bag... :):

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    LAPG also has Diplomat Gear "assault rifle" cases in black, tan or OD on closeout for $18.99 - I'd be on that like white on rice if I didn't already have a bunch of cases of that tyheap, to outfit my cases.

Me too, except the 36" kills it for me. Sure, my M4 would fit, but nothing else would. Now, if they had some 41-44" assault bags, I'd buy a ton of em!

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    I like really LAPG's Diplomat stuff. I have the backpack which I use for hunting, a couple of the pouches for carrying gear in my BOB, & 3 of the $10 pistol cases which are real nice, especially for being so cheap. I've noticed that a lot of the cases & bags marked LAPG are just retagged Diplomat stuff.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I'm sure they are imported; don't know from where. Neither the cases themselves nor the cardboard tags attached to them had any markings to that effect. Neither does my bailout bag.

Thanks. I might snag at least one to store my AR build party rifle. It is hard to go wrong for the price. I thought about adding an actual 5.11 back just to compare them side by side, but your review stands that they are similar if not identical. Probably made in the same factory! A couple of cheap-o clearance 5.11 stuff could easily round off my order. Ugh, I hate spending so much money on myself around Christmas time...

Top Bottom