• ...and so much more!
  • Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Does anyone know where I can get parts for my 550B locally? Conversion kits, powder nozzles, etc? I just called Dillon directly and spoke to a guy who was a TOTAL jerk, and completely unhelpful.

Makes me question my decision to go Dillon.

Any local stocking dealer suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I have had nothing but positive experiences with both Brian Enos and Dillon direct.

That being said, I have some extra conversion kits. What are you looking for?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    If you had a bad experience with Dillon you need to call back and speak with someone higher up the ladder. Their reputation is built on service and I am sure they won't be happy about it. They can't fix it if they don't about the bad salesperson.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    If you had a bad experience with Dillon you need to call back and speak with someone higher up the ladder. Their reputation is built on service and I am sure they won't be happy about it. They can't fix it if they don't about the bad salesperson.

exactly call back.... the only time they have been short/rude w/ me on the phone is when it was ME not saying things correctly, therefore not being understood.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I did send them an e-mail immediately after the phone conversation occurred. I don't want to bring any names into it (on the forum) but I certainly let them know whom it was when I wrote. Hopefully the situation will be resolved.

And I can thoroughly understand someone in customer service getting short with someone that knows nothing about reloading, or has a short temper with a company rep, but I've been reloading for a decade, and I assure everyone reading this that I did not raise my voice, become confrontational in any way, nor respond with sarcasm. I simply asked where the stocking dealers were, and where I could find specific parts (with part numbers.)

We'll see if I get a reply to my e-mail. If the company is as good about dealing with unhappy customers as their reputation states, it shouldn't be long before I get a reply, and will post that reply here on this thread.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    I sent Dillon an email and this is what I got... Had to send another message about contact information but this will give you an idea of where they are.

Illinois dealers are in :
    Moline
    Morris
    Peru
    Springfield
    Zion

Indiana dealers are in:
    Bluffton
    Evansville
    Holland
    Jeffersonville
    Marion
    Seymour
    South Bend

Who is close?

Thank you,
    Dillon Precision Products, Inc.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I asked the same question, I'll answer with what was given to me several times:

Robert F Trueblood
    Bite The Bullet Gun Shop
    8834 N Hwy US 31
    Seymour, IN 47274
    (812) 445-3010
    trueblood45@comcast.net

This is where I purchased my press and Bob seems to be a nice guy.
    I think it took me about 45 minutes from Mooresville so he isn't in Kentucky,well close. Call him first he may not have what you need in stock and he will refer to one of the reputable web dealers all mentioned here earlier. I have ordered things from all of them and have had great service .

Mike_M

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Beautiful Milan
    It sounds like you asked Dillon what their dealers had in stock. Even in these days of speed of light transactions. Dillon can't tell you that.

I know you'd like to do business locally, but you will be better off going direct to Dillon because you take away the middleman. If you order through a dealer, you will have to wait the extra time for the dealer to get around ordering your stuff. He may wait a few days to accumulate orders to minimize his shipping costs. On the backend, he needs to sort through his shipment, figure out who ordered what, and call you. This could add days or weeks to your wait time.

Call Dillon directly and have your stuff in a week.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    It sounds like you asked Dillon what their dealers had in stock.

Nope, I simply asked where I could find dealers that stocked parts such as powder funnels. It wasn't a difficult question - just "Where are there stocking dealers near Indianapolis."

In response to the e-mail I sent (and continuation of the story from Post 1), they asked me to give specific details regarding the interaction between me and this particular gentleman on the other end of the phone. I told them the entire story, and although the first reply e-mail I received from Dillon sounded concerned, after my reply and elaboration of how the scenerio played out.... nothing. Not a follow up e-mail to be had.

Its been a few days since I sent them the play-by-play, and all is quiet on the Dillon front. Shame too, I really wanted to upgrade to a 650. They really blew it this time.

I know there are members that have great interactions with this company, but I am (unfortunately) not one of them.

perminator

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    east side indy
    +1 on bob @ bite the bullet in seymourreally nice guy. I drove down there a couple weeks ago and got a few things and if you like 1911's hes got some really nice wilson combats there too. but be sure and call to see if he has what you need because he dosent stock a whole lot.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    +1 on Bob in Seymour. I like to stop by his shop when I can.

He stocks as much Dillon gear as anyone and has one of each kind of press set up in his shop. He's also a competitive shooter and loads 1,000s of rounds per year.

Iron22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Plainfield
    Bob is very informative I stop by there I had some questions about converting a RL 450 to 550 and he had everything I needed

Top Bottom