Difference between Ruger American Predator and Ranch?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    [FONT=&amp]Does anyone know if there's any differences in the barrels or actions between the Ruger American Predator and Ranch? I'm looking into possibly picking one up in .350 Legend for deer hunting (stupid straight wall cartridge state) and seen that Ruger offers the caliber in both platforms but seems like the Predator in .350 is some sort of dealer exclusive and hard to find, might've been a limited run or something? Wasn't sure if I'd be getting the same results out of going with the Ranch rifle. Just looking to say with a shorter 16" barrel as my hunting will likely be <150yrds [/FONT]not that I'm opposed to going with the next barrel length up which is a 20" if the Predator has advantages to the platform.

[FONT=&amp]Not worried about the stock on either one, will likely end up dropping the barreled action into a ICD chassis.[/FONT]

Last edited:

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    [FONT=&amp]Does anyone know if there's any differences in the barrels or actions between the Ruger American Predator and Ranch? I'm looking into possibly picking one up in .350 Legend for deer hunting (stupid straight wall cartridge state) and seen that Ruger offers the caliber in both platforms but seems like the Predator in .350 is some sort of dealer exclusive and hard to find, might've been a limited run or something? Wasn't sure if I'd be getting the same results out of going with the Ranch rifle. Just looking to say with a shorter 16" barrel as my hunting will likely be <150yrds [/FONT]not that I'm opposed to going with the next barrel length up which is a 20" if the Predator has advantages to the platform.

[FONT=&amp]Not worried about the stock on either one, will likely end up dropping the barreled action into a ICD chassis.[/FONT]
    Never had a ranch but I do have a predator and its a tac driver

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Can't answer your question above, but I will also chime in to say that my Ruger American Ranch in 300BLK is also a tac drive and has been my go to deer rifle for two seasons now.

If you get one, seriously consider doing this modification: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoDf1OulP_Y. It was easy to do and made a huge difference in the feel of the hollow synthetic stock.

Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    Can't answer your question above, but I will also chime in to say that my Ruger American Ranch in 300BLK is also a tac drive and has been my go to deer rifle for two seasons now.

If you get one, seriously consider doing this modification: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoDf1OulP_Y. It was easy to do and made a huge difference in the feel of the hollow synthetic stock.

Honestly, if I get one I'm probably going to throw it into an Indian Creek Design chassis and call it a day lol

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you

Not to get too distracted from the original point, but this is neat. I just picked up one a T/C Dimension from CDNN and wanted to do something to make it better balanced.

Top Bottom