Did you ever just have that one person in your life...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Yep. Though I am in pretty much the same boat as Big Tanker there. Most end up doing something stupid and go away, though a couple do still need to go the way of the great and noble dodo. Now if only a couple of companies would implode.....

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    That if you were riding a bus that hit them while they were walking across the street... when you disembarked the bus, you'd tip the driver GENEROUSLY and grab your lawn chair and a beer so you could just sit down and enjoy your beverage while watching them "bleed out" in the street?
    Or is it just me?

OK OK OK OK OK, I am SORRY I bought the Glock!!!!!!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    What?!?

What the hell does gender have to do with it? There's some crazy going on, but it ain't mine.

Thought you were mad because JG is female. It was the only circumstance I could imagine where someone could view my statement as offensive.

I give up (again). I am tired of defending myself against ridiculous people whom I will never satisfy. Why don't you save your outrage for when I **** YOU off instead of defending those who don't feel attacked.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I don't think I could watch anyone die without trying to help them. I think I can honestly say that I don't hate anyone, not even the people who have hurt me. I hope nobody hates me so much that they would take pleasure in my dying. I have probably pissed off my fair share of people in my years. So I try to be forgiving, hopefully others would cut me some slack too. With most people that is effortless or close to it. There have been a few for who it hasn't been easy to forgive, it's an ongoing process, not just "do and forget". I used to have a bad temper, its mellowed over the years. My brother was my best man at my wedding. In his speech he said, once you're Mark's friend, your friends for life. That was one of the nicest things anyone ever said about me. To me, a friendship is worth far more than a grudge, so forgiveness is worth the effort when there is any.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have devoted my life to helping people in some fashion, making the world a better place for all who appreciate it. From small stuff, to my lifetime involvement in EMS and SAR. I have directly saved the lives of dozens of people and indirectly probably thousands. I honestly try to help folks wherever I can.

But there are a few people I know directly who I wouldn't **** on to save their lives. I don't carry any anger towards them, but as far as I am concerned the world would be a better place with them gone.

Now, my list of people in general (not known personally to me) the world would be better off without is substantial. Those whose lives are devoted to causing misery to others top the list.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Thought you were mad because JG is female. It was the only circumstance I could imagine where someone could view my statement as offensive.

I give up (again). I am tired of defending myself against ridiculous people whom I will never satisfy. Why don't you save your outrage for when I **** YOU off instead of defending those who don't feel attacked.
    I thought the "or anyone for that matter" would have been a pretty big clue that it wasn't about JG being female. It's about the assumption implicit in your statement: that a person can't be that royally pissed off without a) having it affect other areas of his life and b) needing professional help for it.

Lighten up, Francis. I'm not outraged. I just commented on the insulting nature of your comment. You have a real problem with assumptions it would seem. I can see something for what it is without having to experience it myself.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That if you were riding a bus that hit them while they were walking across the street... when you disembarked the bus, you'd tip the driver GENEROUSLY and grab your lawn chair and a beer so you could just sit down and enjoy your beverage while watching them "bleed out" in the street?
    Or is it just me?
    I think you're ok here JG. Now if you were driving the bus in your scenario then that would just be wrong.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Or is it just me?

Why...yes. Yes I do.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I do have some family that I no longer speak to. Have not in years now, my parents actually, I don't wish them any harm though. There was a time I may have wished horrible things for my ex wife. A messy divorce can do that to you but as with most things time will ease the feeling a bit, most of the time people get what they have coming eventually anyway.
    I have always been a pretty trusting and open person and as I have grown older I have realized for me it is easier not to really be around people other than my wife and kids. I have had 2 "friends" steal from my home, my parents have stolen from me multiple times (emptied my bank account once while I was in the hospital), my sister stole from me once (almost 1,000).
    Point is there are bad people in all of our lives at some point, trick is learning to get and keep them out of your life. No point in hating somebody.

I now feel better about my idiot siblings and parents.....but only just a little bit.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Being old I've felt that way a time or two over the years, really didn't make a difference one way or the other in the long run. Now I just focus on staying happy.:)

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I HATE my sister. I wouldn't wish it on her as karma is a pita to deal with. I keep her out of my life and it has been great since. She did verbally wish that I were dead several times in the past 10 years heck 20 years. Most recent was when she was recovering from cancer and parked her car behind my truck. When I asked her to move it so I could go to work and gee I don't know, make some money to pay the bills she didn't have to worry about, she told me she hopes I die in a car crash on my way to work.

Still don't understand why she was upset when I turned the thermostat down, unplugged the cable/internet, changed the wifi password... she wanted me dead and I pay(ed) the bills.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Also, have you read anything on INGO? JetGirl's post is mild compared to what appears regularly in capital punishment threads.

I'm actually illiterate, so no. My posts are comprised solely of a thousand apes banging at a thousand typewriters, with the ape-in-charge sorting through all the submissions to pick the best one. It's a slow system, but at least it doesn't work at all.

The ability of man to behave repugnantly toward his fellow man will never cease to amaze me. It no longer surprises me, but it still amazes me.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Wow. That's about the most hateful, spiteful thing I've ever read anywhere.

Really?
    Cause I can think of some interesting things to do with an x-acto knife, a pair of pliers, and the bottom skin on someone's feet.
    I also thought Tom Clancy's "Without Remorse" was hilarious.

Felicia Day recently posted this video of a 7-year-old girl doing some kata or something (I don't know martial arts), partly to say how amazing she thought the little girl was, and partly to display the kind of dickheads the internet produces in the comment section.
    [video=youtube;DZlUgkTGeAQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZlUgkTGeAQ[/video]

Seriously, click through to YouTube and read the comments. This is why we can't have nice things.

I'm thinking as a 7 year old boy, I might not pick on her.

I don't think I could watch anyone die without trying to help them. I think I can honestly say that I don't hate anyone, not even the people who have hurt me. I hope nobody hates me so much that they would take pleasure in my dying. I have probably pissed off my fair share of people in my years. So I try to be forgiving, hopefully others would cut me some slack too. With most people that is effortless or close to it. There have been a few for who it hasn't been easy to forgive, it's an ongoing process, not just "do and forget". I used to have a bad temper, its mellowed over the years. My brother was my best man at my wedding. In his speech he said, once you're Mark's friend, your friends for life. That was one of the nicest things anyone ever said about me. To me, a friendship is worth far more than a grudge, so forgiveness is worth the effort when there is any.

I have no list as described by the monkey.
    But, I don't want to be a police officer, because if I met a child abuser, I might be tempted to add them to the list.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I have a list of those people. It grows faster than my garden.

My list of people actually grow my garden!!!! :dunno: DUNNO??

In all seriousness. I do have one person who the bus would be too good for. When ever Karma catches up with him, and it will. I would gladly spit in his mouth as he took his last breath. A good steak and a beer would be in order, then maybe a night out with friends. Then I would go tell my niece that the drunk piece of crap that took her Dad (My Brother),away from her at the age of four, is roasting in Hell.

Therapy would not take that away, It does not consume me. Life is too short. We have all moved on.

BUT............Just saying if the opportunity presented itself, I would be happy to watch it happen.

Jet Girl....:cheers:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom