Did I say something? (one of the many reason's I am loyal to INGO)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    So I found hoosiertopics not too long ago and never used it, recently I came across some spare change and posted a WTB for a 22lr revolver of some sort for a reasonable price.

I got an email this morning from a gentleman, here goes the convo:

Seller: i have as new h&r 22lr...short barrel ..shot 4 times 317*******
    Me: Interesting, can you send a picture? Thank you, also where are you located. Also what model is it?

Seller: i dont know an for that price who cares....thank you
    Me: Well I care, I don't want to be out 55 dollars. 55 dollars is a lot of money to spend on something I don't know anything about. Especially if I have to drive to see something and I don't even know what it is or the condition of it

Seller: my guns are prestine foreget it
    Me: Thank you for your time, compliance and professional attitude. Good luck with your sales.

Did I say something???:dunno: I will admit I didn't need to send the last part, but figured that last email could get on his nerves kill em with kindness right?

Anyway just made me realize how spoiled we are here at ingo where most of the garbage gets filtered out,:ingo:

MODS: Wasnt sure where to put this, move accordingly please

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Cyberspace mirrors reality, as certain types of people hang out in certain places. If HT was a physical location, I'd venture a guess it would not be in the 'good side' of town. :D

Think of it this way, if you were on Chicago's south side (never mind the fact that guns are illegal there so there are none to be bought) and started questioning a potential seller about "round count", "does it come with a box" and such... I'd imagine you'd get a similar response. :):

You did nothing wrong, just be aware of your surroundings. Oh and I've had good talks/deals with some folks on HT, but there's a ton of characters there also.

JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You get all kind of ppl out here in cyberspace. I have been in a similar situation on craigslist when a fella tried to pull a bait and switch on a digital camera in a crappy neiborhood on the west side of naptown and i am sure glad i had my protection thats fer sure. they and yes they(more than one person) might had tried to mug me if they hadnt seen my handcannon glued to my thigh!

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    You get all kind of ppl out here in cyberspace. I have been in a similar situation on craigslist when a fella tried to pull a bait and switch on a digital camera in a crappy neiborhood on the west side of naptown and i am sure glad i had my protection thats fer sure. they and yes they(more than one person) might had tried to mug me if they hadnt seen my handcannon glued to my thigh!

:hijack: You carry using a thigh rig??

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Cyberspace mirrors reality, as certain types of people hang out in certain places. If HT was a physical location, I'd venture a guess it would not be in the 'good side' of town. :D

Think of it this way, if you were on Chicago's south side (never mind the fact that guns are illegal there so there are none to be bought) and started questioning a potential seller about "round count", "does it come with a box" and such... I'd imagine you'd get a similar response. :):

You did nothing wrong, just be aware of your surroundings. Oh and I've had good talks/deals with some folks on HT, but there's a ton of characters there also.

+1

OP did well in this interaction.

I've had very good and very bad interactions on HT (ArmsList and CraigsList too - yes, you can occasionally find guns in the sporting section, prohibited or not). Overall, I'm glad HT is there, but I prefer INGO classifieds above all.

Regarding HT's physical location, I'd say most of it is several miles from the nearest town ;)

While I've had a few interactions that might not pass muster with Miss Manners, everyone here has always been civil, even in disagreement.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    LOL, and he was the one who contacted you, wanting to sell it. Then it became too much of a hassle when you wanted more info. Classic.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I check HT from time to time just out of curiousity. Undoubtably shady sellers and wtb's make up a small portion of those listings. Small but not small enough.
    I did make one purchase from a guy on there some time in spring. He was good and the deal was fair. I provided two blank bills of sale and he was fine with it.

INGO has a better community feel and weeds out the bubbas it seems. Can't beat that.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Hee shore kneads a dikshunarie

Eye hait thows "prestine" wuns! And "foreget"............ to get in advance, I guess. :dunno:

I foregot to menshun, hee awl sew kneads a lessun in eddy cut!

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    I wonder if the "shot 4 times" was all at once or are there 4 DBs out there? :n00b:

Does "prestine" mean "no prints" ??:dunno:

Yeah thats exactly what I thought right after he said forget it.. I felt odd about the entire conversation so odds were I wasn't going to go through with it but it just seemed to be really bazaar.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    I think the other dude was just unprofessional, and I'm with you, I don't buy anything without seeing pictures. Nor do I post anything for sale without seeing pictures.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom