Diamondback Arms....Single Stack Pocket Glock .380?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I don't normally go to Pop's but to peruse and shoot, and I happened to see this one the other day. The fit and finish were quite good, and my initial impression of looks was of the GLOCK family. It suffers from the same problem most .380's do, size! My tigger finger went to the first knuckle, but the trigger wasn't horrible to make up for it. Long DA as expected, but similar in break to the PF-9. I wouldn't mind giving one a run on the range.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The trigger assembly is different, but the barrel, recoil assembly and slide internals are a straight Glock clone, down to the shape of the extractor and firing pin, and the use of a spacer sleeve and spring cups. Mag catch is the Glock design, as well, but is made out of metal. Wonder if a patent ran out or something? :dunno:

DB380-8.jpg

Also noticed there's no external slide release. :noway:

Last edited:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Plainfield had one or two! $350 was the pricing, plus tax. VERY Glock like upper, takes apart like one too. It is striker fired like a Glock and actually has a VERY nice trigger (short reset like a Glock too). The bottom is a bit different, but still a nice little pistol! The finish was VERY nice for a cheaper gun, but some will buck at the idea of 350 for a .380, but it has FAR better fit and finish than the new Walther abomination in .380, smaller and fits the hand well. It is a far improvement from the original Keltec .380s. I think it was locked breach (very difficult initial slide pull, then very light).

All in all, someone needs to shoot one of these as the initial review is good so far in my book!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Interesting that neither the website nor the manual lists specs for OAL or height. Disposable Heart, were you able to compare it, size-wise, to the KT/LCP or any of the other recent small .380s (SIG P238, Kahr, etc) at PSS?

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    I don't normally go to Pop's but to peruse and shoot, and I happened to see this one the other day. The fit and finish were quite good, and my initial impression of looks was of the GLOCK family. It suffers from the same problem most .380's do, size! My tigger finger went to the first knuckle, but the trigger wasn't horrible to make up for it. Long DA as expected, but similar in break to the PF-9. I wouldn't mind giving one a run on the range.

So they let you dry fire it at Pops? That's hard to believe.

I've read that the trigger is actually nice compared to p3ats and lcps. It definitely felt more substantial than the lcp and keltec.

As far as size goes, they are small for a reason. Not meant to be range guns.

I'm curious to hear a local range report.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Interesting that neither the website nor the manual lists specs for OAL or height. Disposable Heart, were you able to compare it, size-wise, to the KT/LCP or any of the other recent small .380s (SIG P238, Kahr, etc) at PSS?

It was about the size of a Sig P238, maybe a touch longer (not by much), could be closer to PF9, but without the height. Vague and ambiguous, I know! :D It could be pocketable, no issue, not like someone trying to pocket carry a Glock 26 and the like, but more like someone carrying a snub or Keltec.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    IIt could be pocketable, no issue, not like someone trying to pocket carry a Glock 26 and the like, but more like someone carrying a snub or Keltec.

I find a huge issue with trying to pocket carry (and conceal) a J-Frame or a KT PF9; neither is a true "pocket gun" by my definition. P3AT, Mustang/Pony, P238, Kahr P380, sure.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Diamondback

So they let you dry fire it at Pops? That's hard to believe.

I've read that the trigger is actually nice compared to p3ats and lcps. It definitely felt more substantial than the lcp and keltec.

As far as size goes, they are small for a reason. Not meant to be range guns.

I'm curious to hear a local range report.

They didn't say anything about the dryfire, maybe because I was in uniform? :dunno:

The size part came in just for the aspect of trigger reach...some newer shooters or folks thinking of a mousegun my not be aware of the difference...

Top Bottom